1 person is interested
Seeking amateur thespians
1 person is interested
The Wornall/Majors House Museums are seeking volunteer actors for our busiest nights of the year. Each October people from around Kansas City gather to be thrilled while learning about their city’s history. Ghosts tours are a mixture of lore, legends, and factual information. For this year's event week are looking for speakers to learn a short or long monologue to recite the event. Topics include ghosts of the Majors House, superstitions, and death and dying in the 19 th Century. Volunteers will receive the option to purchase reduce priced tickets.
We are a non-profit that operates two of Kansas City’s most historic structures: the John Wornall House and the Alexander Majors House. These historic homes serve as the dynamic backdrop for events and community gatherings. We strive to tell an inclusive and accessible story about American mid-nineteenth-century history.
- Come prepared with monologue memorized
- Deliver monologue for nine different groups
- Help create a memorable experience for visitors
- Help protect the historic house
Time commitment and schedule:
- Volunteers should be available on October 22 and October 29 from 6:00 p.m. until 9:30 p.m.
- Preference for volunteers who can perform both nights. However, one night volunteer opportunities are available.
Wornall Majors Volunteer Manager
- Fri Oct 22, 2021 - evening / 06:00 PM to 09:30 PM
- Fri Oct 29, 2021 - evening / 06:00 PM to 09:30 PM
- NONE OF THESE DAYS WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About The Alexander Majors House Museum & Barn
8201 State Line Road, Kansas Ciy, MO 64114, US
The Mission of the Wornall/Majors House Museums is to engage community by bringing history to life through hands-on, innovative programs and experiences.
Built in 1856 for legendary frontier freighter & Pony Express co-founder Alexander Majors, this Kansas City landmark has been fully restored and furnished with period antiques. Visitors can learn about the realities of life on the American frontier, the Pony Express, and the struggles of historical preservation. The property includes a more recently constructed Barn, which is a popular community event space.
Alexander Majors House Museum8201 State Line RoadKansas City, MO 64114
August 11, 2021
- General Education
- Theater Arts
- Must be at least 16
- • Volunteers should be available on October 22 and October 29 from 6:00 p.m. until 9:30 p.m. Preference for volunteers who can perform both nights. However, one night volunteer opportunities are available.