Hospice Volunteers Needed
If you are compassionate, caring, and have a calling to help others, becoming a hospice volunteer might be the perfect opportunity for you. Our volunteers give their time, talent and hearts generously and unselfishly - yet commonly feel that they receive more than they give.
Volunteers may choose the area in which they prefer to function and the hours they are willing to donate. We serve Northern Gila County from Happy Jack to Pine/Strawberry, Payson to Tonto Basin.
Some areas to volunteer include:
- Patient Support: Providing Companionship to the Patient and/or Caregiver Relief
- Administrative: Data Entry, Filing and Office Assistance
- Special Projects: Nursing Home Activities, Holidays, Special Events
- Bereavement Support
- Veteran-to-Veteran Volunteer Program - taking part in recognition events and connecting with veteran patients
- Pet Therapy- Pet owners with certified therapy canines conduct visits with patients
- Massage Therapists- L.M.T.s provide relaxation and pain relief through light touch massage
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Hospice Compassus
511 S Mud Springs Rd, Payson, AZ 85541, US
OUR HIGHER PURPOSE Profoundly advancing the well-being and honoring the dignity of those we serve, helping make the world a better place--one family at a time. OUR VISION Compassus is leading the transformation of healthcare delivery: continuously and measurably improving the quality of person-centered, physician-driven, team-based care.
Hospice provides comfort to patients and their families by reducing the stress, pain and other symptoms of a serious illness. It is about helping people live as well as possible when life expectancy is limited.
Our Medicare-approved support extends to family members, with practical, emotional and spiritual care throughout the hospice journey. With assistance from our team, people live with dignity in the place they call home while reducing end-of-life care burdens for families and loved ones.
511 S Mud Springs RdPayson, AZ 85541
October 7, 2021
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training