9 people are interested
ORGANIZATION: Darfur Women Action Group
Please visit the new page to apply.
9 people are interested
Darfur Women Action Group takes a unique approach to genocide prevention and women empowerment and looking for passionate individuals to work toward advancing its mission. DWAG is seeking ambitious candidates interested in advancing the goals this organization is striving to achieve to fill the Campaign Intern/Volunteer position in the summer, fall, and winter/spring terms.
This position is for a minimum of three months, open to undergraduate and graduate students, as well as recent graduates and other interested candidates. Interested candidates must be available for a minimum of 20 hours a week.
To apply, please email your resume, cover letter, and a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis so please apply early.
The ideal candidate must:
- Be able to commit 20-30 hours per week
- Be organized and punctual
- Have excellent communication skills
- Be proficient in MS Word usage
- Be passionate about human rights issues!
- Maintain all RRN social media accounts with relevant, up-to-date information concerning the organization and related news; conduct outreach to recruit more Rapid Responders
- Assist in campaign development
- Assist in organizing advocacy trainings for partners
- Recruit State Representatives, coordinate Global Ambassadors, and maintain communication with the network
About Darfur Women Action Group
1629 K St NW, Suite 300, Washington, DC, DC 20006, US
Our Mission Darfur Women Action Group (DWAG) is a U.S. based Darfuri women-led anti-atrocities organization. DWAG works with victims and survivors of the Darfur genocide in the Diaspora and back home in Sudan, providing them with more access to the tools that will enable them to lead the effort in combatting violence, addressing massive human rights abuses in their society, and working with others to prevent future atrocities and promote global peace. The core priority for Darfur Women Action Group lies in advancing the human rights of and supporting the Darfuri to meet the challenges of the 21st Century. We do this by supporting women rights and empowerment NGOs at the grassroots and national level in the U.S. and on the ground in Darfur, building their capacity to lead desirable change and provide opportunities for the international community to hear directly from those most affected by conflict.
Darfur Women Action Group (DWAG) is a non-profit organization that takes a unique approach to fighting and preventing genocide. DWAG believes that empowering those most affected and building strong leadership among those who are historically excluded enable them to lead and foster positive change in their communities. We believe this is a vital approach to ending genocide and achieving sustainable peace.
DWAG is currently seeking interested interns and/or volunteers who are willing to help advance the goals the organization is striving to achieve.
Internships are available for undergraduate, graduate students, and recent graduates who are available for at least 10-20 hours per week for a 3-month long work commitment.
Internship program areas include:
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
April 21, 2022
- Community Outreach
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- 20-30 hours a week for three months.
- We are currently looking for a candidate who can fill this position immediately (08/21/2021).