Southern Missouri - Do you like interacting with people? Become a Blood Donor Ambassador!
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross of Missouri and Arkansas
Please visit the new page to apply.
Volunteer Greeters Needed to Help at Local Blood Drives
Do you love interacting with people and want to make a direct impact in your community? Interested in helping out in the Biomedical field? We have a volunteer opportunity for you! Apply at https://volunteerconnection.redcross.org/?nd=lead&a=3686&h=956&s=22005 today!
- Help to provide a warm and friendly greeting to our blood donors. As you welcome them, you will take their temperatures as they enter (if COVID guidelines are still in place to do so), assist with reception and hospitality and enhance the blood donor experience. The importance is to provide the blood donors with a positive experience and encourage them to donate regularly.
- Help to find other volunteers by discussing Red Cross volunteer opportunities with donors at blood drives.
- Help maintain the drive, through set-up, possible routine cleanup, and reporting all events that occur during the given shift.
- Available for a minimum of 1 4-6 hour shift per month, and varies by location.
- Excellent professionalism and communication skills
- Punctual and dependable in arriving for assignment(s)
- Comfortable working with people from diverse communities and backgrounds
- Ability to regularly commit to a schedule, arrive punctually and adapt to change-driven culture
- Must be 16 years of age or older
- Is able to quickly adapt to new technologies needed for position, and is able to explain these technologies to donors and volunteers.
Opportunity for you to:
- Gain valuable training and experience while providing an invaluable service to your community
- Network and meet new people
- Develop customer service skills that will last a lifetime
- Receive community service hours
- Meet some incredible people...our blood donors and staff
How to get started
- Complete the online application at www.redcross.org/volunteer
- Or for any questions contact our Volunteer Recruitment Representative Maggie Raynolds
- Email: email@example.com Call/Text: 816-826-8392
- Schedule a time to talk calendy.com/mraynolds
About American Red Cross of Missouri and Arkansas
American Red Cross, 10195 Corporate Square Drive, St. Louis, MO 63132, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether itﾒs one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member or through the generosity of blood donors, providing critical blood to people in need, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
Multiple locations Springfield, MO 65801
November 15, 2023
- Office Reception
- Office Management
- Executive Admin
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Data Entry
- People 55+
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Two 4-5 hour shifts per month
- Must be 16, have transportation to blood donation sites