1 person is interested
Caregiver Resource Adviser (AmeriCorps)
ORGANIZATION: Arizona Caregiver Coalition
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
This program serves to improve the overall well-being and quality of life for Arizona’s Family Caregivers. To do this, we offer a variety of support services, with a particular focus on caregiver respite, including one-to-one assistance in accessing respite and support groups, education and culturally relevant resources. For eight months, members get paid to impact their community, gain valuable hands-on experience, and prepare for their future. This Quarter-time, Minimum-time or Abbreviated-time AmeriCorps service position, isoffering a great opportunity to make a real impact in the lives of others while building your own knowledge and skillset. AmeriCorps members perform direct services to build capacity and sustainability solutions in their local community. The Arizona Caregiver Coalition is offering the following three positions.
- Quarter-time: 450 hours (16 hours per week)
- Minimum-time: 300 hours (11 hours per week)
- Abbreviated-time: 100 hours (5hours per week)
- Respond to phone and e-mail inquiries from caregivers and provide reassurance phone calls.
- Research and identify resources based on the specific needs of caregivers.
- Work one-one-one with family caregivers to explain and access resources, in person or through electronic means.
- Recruit and register participants for educational programs for caregivers.
- Assist in scheduling and publicizing educational programs for family caregivers.
- Present information on caregiver resources to small groups.
- Educate caregivers on the need to be prepared for emergencies and having a plan for emergency respite
- Work one-on-one with family caregivers to complete a toolkit with important documents.
- Provide respite care directly to caregivers, as feasible under any restrictions due to guidelines issued by the Governor’s Office and its agencies.
- Collect and maintain relevant data.
- Participate in pre-service training and monthly meetings throughout the year of service. For facilitation of classes, complete specialized training up to 15 hours.
- Maximum living allowance of $4,050 (quarter-time), $2,700 (minimum-time) or $900 (abbreviated-time) each.
- Segal Education Award of up to $1,718.25 (quarter-time), up to $1,374.60 (minimum-time members) or up to $365.52 (abbreviated-time) upon successful completion of service.
- Possible forbearance or deferment of qualified student loans.
- Personal and professional training opportunities.
- Knowledge of, and willingness to promote, the mission and activities of the Arizona Caregiver Coalition and AmeriCorps.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong research skills.
- Detail oriented and highly organized.
- Demonstrates common sense, flexibility, and teamwork with ability to exercise independent judgment.
- Basic experience with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word and Excel.
- Current valid driver’s license, a clean driving record and reliable transportation.
CONTACT BELOW FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Volunteer & AmeriCorps Coordinator
About Arizona Caregiver Coalition
1717 W Jefferson St., PHOENIX, AZ 85007, US
The Arizona Caregiver Coalition works to improve the quality of life for family caregivers across Arizona through collaborative partnerships, advocacy, resources, and respite support.
The Arizona Caregiver Coalition is a community-based, 501(c)3 tax exempt organization. It was founded in 2014 to support and advocate for family caregivers in Arizona. We operate the statewide Caregiver Resource Line (888-737-7494) to answer questions and provide information. We also offer funding for respite, so that family caregivers can get a break. We partner with the Arizona Department of Economic Security, Area Agencies on Aging, and other community based organizations.
The Arizona Caregiver Coalition is an integral organization within the Arizona caregiver community. Over the course of 9 months (September 2021 through May 2022), The Arizona Caregiver Coalition will collaborate with AmeriCorps and local organizations to improve the quality of life for family caregivers throughout Arizona, and help develop a community where family caregivers thrive.
To ensure that members meet the necessary living expenses incurred while participating in the Arizona Caregiver Coalition AmeriCorps program, members are provided a modest living stipend. Members also receive ongoing professional development throughout the year. Fellows will be eligible for an AmeriCorps Segal Education Award upon successful completion of the service term in good standing with the service site (completing 450 hours of service for Quarter-time members). Most importantly, members gain valuable professional and personal experience and acquire skills in civic-engagement, teamwork and leadership during a year of service.
Multiple locations Phoenix, AZ 85007
June 30, 2022
- Program Management
- Community Outreach
- Critical Thinking
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- The minimum required hours per week for this position is 16 hours per week for quarter-time members 11 hours per week for minimum-time members and 5 hours per week for abbreviated-time member. Members can complete these hours M-F 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m
- CONTACT RECRUITER BELOW FOR MORE INFORMATION: Volunteer & AmeriCorps Coordinator Brandon Vickers email: firstname.lastname@example.org