1 person is interested
Allegheny Health Network (AHN) - Wexford Health + Wellness Pavilion - Physical Therapy Volunteer
1 person is interested
- Able to stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Ability to push patients in wheelchairs if needed
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Observe medical staff in the Physical Therapy Department.
- Greet patients in reception area and walk them to the PT area for their appointment. Escort the patient back to the reception area once their appointment is completed.
- Encourage conversation with patients and family members as appropriate.
- Assist staff in completing Exercise Prep Packets and Function Outcome.
- Review the handout on how to properly clean wheelchairs and use best practices to push patients in wheelchairs. If further assistance is needed to get patients physically in or out of chair, please do not touch the patient and notify staff.
About Allegheny Health Network - Outpatient Facilities
Fifth Avenue Place, 120 Fifth Avenue, Floor 13, Pittsburgh, PA 15222, US
To create a remarkable health experience, freeing people to be their best.
Every person contributes to our success. We strive for an inclusive culture, regarding people as professionals, and respecting individual differences while focusing on the collective whole.Stewardship
Working to improve the health of the communities we serve and wisely managing the assets which have been entrusted to our care.Trust
Earning trust by delivering on our commitments and leading by example.Integrity
Committing to the highest standards encompassing every aspect of our behavior including high moral character, respect, honesty, and personal responsibility.Customer-focused Collaboration
Because no one person has all the answers, we actively seek to collaborate with each other to achieve the right outcomes for our customers.Courage
Empowering each other to act in a principled manner and to take appropriate risks to do what is right to fulfill our mission.Innovation
Committing to continuous learning and exploring new, better, and creative ways to achieve our vision.Excellence
Being accountable for consistently exceeding the expectations of those we serve.
12311 Perry HighwayWexford Health + Wellness PavilionWexford, PA 15090
August 10, 2021
- Critical Thinking
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Mondays - Fridays ONLY. Shifts are once a week for 4 hours . We will work around your schedule.
- Volunteers ages 16-17 could volunteer from 3:30-7:30pm. Adults would have flexibility to choose anytime between 8:00am-7:30pm.