1 person is interested
Allegheny Health Network (AHN) - NEW - Wexford Hospital - Pastoral Care Volunteer
1 person is interested
The Pastoral Care Volunteer provides spiritual care primarily to patients not affiliated with a spiritual provider or church, to employees and to patients and their families who request chaplain service.
The Pastoral Care Volunteer is a part of the Volunteer Resources Program at Wexford Hospital. Training may also come from the Chaplain Volunteer.
Pastoral Care Volunteers provide non-sectarian spiritual care. The general approach is to introduce him or herself and the ministry to the patients, determine patients status (i.e. whether they are receiving pastoral care) and provide counsel if desired.
Provide pastoral care that responds to the patient’s stated needs and pastoral visits must adhere to AHN and Wexford Hospital’s non-solicitation policies. Spiritual care visits are not be used to evangelize or otherwise recruit patients to be members of any specific church or practice.
- Pray with patients/caregivers only if there is some direct or indirect indication of the patient’s desire to pray.
- Provide spiritual counseling only in regard to the patients' own disclosures.
- Occasionally provide religious services as requested by staff.
- Upon learning that a patient is a member of a church or group, may, at the patient’s request, notify the staff so they can contact the patient’s pastor if needed.
- Maintain patient confidentiality at all times.
- Abide by the Policies and Procedures of Wexford Hospital. (A hospital Policies and Procedures Manual is available in the Volunteer Resources office.)
Eucharistic Ministers from Parishes, who are not Wexford Hospital volunteers, may only visit the members of their parish.
About Allegheny Health Network - Outpatient Facilities
Fifth Avenue Place, 120 Fifth Avenue, Floor 13, Pittsburgh, PA 15222, US
To create a remarkable health experience, freeing people to be their best.
Every person contributes to our success. We strive for an inclusive culture, regarding people as professionals, and respecting individual differences while focusing on the collective whole.Stewardship
Working to improve the health of the communities we serve and wisely managing the assets which have been entrusted to our care.Trust
Earning trust by delivering on our commitments and leading by example.Integrity
Committing to the highest standards encompassing every aspect of our behavior including high moral character, respect, honesty, and personal responsibility.Customer-focused Collaboration
Because no one person has all the answers, we actively seek to collaborate with each other to achieve the right outcomes for our customers.Courage
Empowering each other to act in a principled manner and to take appropriate risks to do what is right to fulfill our mission.Innovation
Committing to continuous learning and exploring new, better, and creative ways to achieve our vision.Excellence
Being accountable for consistently exceeding the expectations of those we serve.
12351 Perry HighwayWexford, PA 15090
August 10, 2021
- Community Outreach
- Critical Thinking
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Seeking 14 volunteers total - will ideally schedule 2 pastoral care volunteers/day at different times. Shifts are once a week for 4 hours. Monday - Friday. options to volunteer between 8am-8pm.
- Available for adults age 18+. Seeking individuals of all religions.