Help Montgomery Co. Needs! *VIRTUAL* Opportunity Dispatch volunteers to fire responses
The Disaster Action Team Duty Officer ensures timely activation and monitoring of local and regional Disaster Action Team (DAT) responses.
Volunteers who service as Duty Officers communicate with both fire departments as well as clients in remote settings. They work to complete the initial assessment of the situation and dispatch volunteers to respond as needed.
- Demonstrated leadership and communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to mission of the American Red Cross.
- Ability to remotely monitor and track details of DAT responses
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in complex and stressful situations.
- Proficient with Red Cross systems and online interfaces.
- Sit and/or stand for minimum two-hour periods
- Work for long periods on computer
- Speak clearly on the phone and in person
Sign up for at least 1 shift per week
About American Red Cross - Texas Gulf Coast Region
2700 Southwest Fwy, Houston, TX 77098, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors. La Cruz Roja Americana previene y alivia el sufrimiento humano frente a emergencias movilizando el poder de los voluntarios y la generosidad de los donantes.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether its one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
August 10, 2021
- Disaster Relief Call Center
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Sign up for at least 1 shift per week