Polk Co. NEEDS!!! Support Technology on Red Cross Large Scale Disasters
The purpose of Disaster Services Technology is to provide communications, technology and support to individuals and work sites on a disaster relief operation.
There are 4 teams within the Disaster Services Technology Group
Communications: The role of the Communication Service Associate is to complete assigned tasks using one or more segments of the telecom industry being used on the DRO such as radio dispatch or maintenance, cellular sales or support, wireline carrier or Installation Company, or amateur radio.
Computer Operations: The role of the Computer Operations Service Associate is to complete assigned tasks using and troubleshooting PC technology including PC hardware, Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office.
Customer Service: The role of the Customer Service Service Associate is to retrieve and sort information and reports for Customer Service. Experience in using Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Access).
Networking: The role of the Networking Service Associate is to complete assigned tasks using internet protocol, networking and related technologies, including Windows networking, network attached printers, WiFi, routers and switches and the fundamentals of twisted pair Ethernet cabling.
Regional responses: Shift work determined by the scale of the relief operation; a minimum requirement of 8-12 hours per day during the disaster relief operation for multiple, consecutive days.
Beyond Regional responses: 12-14 hour days for extended periods depending on distance. Time and length of commitment will vary by operation.
Candidates are folks that want to work or learn about:
- Computers (Laptops, servers, etc.)
- Networking (Routers, Switches, etc.)
- Communications (Phones, Radios, etc.)
- Customer Service, and
- IT Services
- Lift / carry 20 lbs. and/or 50 lbs. multiple times/shift.
- Stand and or sit for two-hour periods, and walk for two miles during a shift.
- Walk on u
- neven terrain.Bend or stoop multiple times and/or crawl on the floor or ground.
- Work outdoors in inclement weather, extreme heat and/or humidity and/or extreme cold.
- Speak clearly on phone and in person.
- Work for long periods on computer and/or reading small print and/or writing.
- Drive in day time and at night.
- Able to step up/down 18 inches and climb two or more flights of stairs.
About American Red Cross - Texas Gulf Coast Region
2700 Southwest Fwy, Houston, TX 77098, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors. La Cruz Roja Americana previene y alivia el sufrimiento humano frente a emergencias movilizando el poder de los voluntarios y la generosidad de los donantes.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether its one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
Multiple locations Livingston, TX 77351
August 9, 2021
- Network Administration
- IT Help Desk
- Disaster Response
- Security / Network Administration
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Regional responses: Shift work determined by the scale of the relief operation; a minimum requirement of 8-12 hours per day during the disaster relief operation for multiple, consecutive days. Beyond Regional responses: 12-14 hour days for extende