6 people are interested
ESOL and Tech Zoom Class Assistants Needed!
6 people are interested
BEST Mission: Boston Education, Skills and Training (BEST) Hospitality Training is the training service provider for UNITE HERE Local 26, the hotel and restaurant workers union. BEST offers professional training and English, Technology, and Citizenship classes to Local 26 hospitality workers and their spouses. BEST's mission is to provide individuals the education, skills and training to excel in the hospitality industry and in their personal lives.
BEST Hospitality Training is looking for dedicated, engaging individuals to assist adults in our English and Tech classes on Zoom. The classes meet for 1.5 hours (Tech) and 2 hours (English) per session, twice a week. At a minimum, we would like class assistants to commit to being in class for the last 30 minutes. Ideally, assistants would be present for the entire class time. We use Google Suite (Classroom, Slides, Forms and Documents) for online class management. This is an excellent opportunity to gain teaching experience, learn from staff members, and build cross-cultural communication skills while empowering students.
- Provide online student support and interaction in our distance learning classes
- Work closely with a teacher to assist in classes and follow a guided curriculum (no planning required)
- Participate in our group orientation session
- Provide basic technology support to students
- Strong verbal and interpersonal skills
- Technologically proficient and knowledgeable about using Zoom and Google Suite Apps
- Interest in working with individuals of different backgrounds
- Skills in a language other than English is a plus
To get in touch with us regarding this rewarding opportunity, please send a resume to Rose London at rlondon@BESThtc.org
About BEST Hospitality Training
101 Station Lndg #4, Medford, MA 02155, US
Our mission is to provide individuals with the education, skills, and training to excel in the hospitality industry and in their personal lives.
BEST Hospitality Training is the education provider for members of the Local 26 hotel workers union. We offer English, GED, Citizenship, and Computer classes, as well as Food Server, Room Attendant, and Culinary Training. Our students come from all over the world. We are proud of the warm, inviting atmosphere we have created here, and look forward to having more volunteers become a part of it.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
August 9, 2021
- Teaching / Instruction
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Adult Education
- Basic Computer Skills
- Cross-cultural Communication