VOLUNTEER Blood Transportation Driver - Weekdays - Make a different today
Become a transportation specialist with the American Red Cross and save lives.
The volunteer role: To safely transport blood from collection sites to the lab for processing and/or deliver blood or blood products to hospital customers.
Specific routes are available: Weekdays Mon-Friday Pick up time 10:00 am. Pick up Johnstown.
Includes up to 4 stops
- Distribute blood to area hospitals as routine
- Transport blood and blood products from blood collection sites to the laboratory for processing site in Johnstown, PA.
- Pick up and return boxes as needed
- Complete required paperwork and obtain signatures
- Communicate and share feedback between Red Cross personnel and customers
- Drive in a safe and responsible manner
Time Commitment: Variable; preferred commitment: 2-4 shifts/month. Monday thru Friday.
- Willingness to support Red Cross mission
- Successful completion of background check and motor vehicle report
- Valid state Driver's License with 3 years driving experience
- Familiarity with geographic area and driving routes
- Able to verify safe driving records with state or insurance
- Current car registration and insurance required if using own vehicle
- Experience to demonstrate reliability
- Ability to lift up to 45lbs.
- Successful completion of American Red Cross Defensive Driving Course
Length of Appt: On-Going
- Gain valuable training/experience while providing an invaluable service to the community
- Validate driving experience for resume
- Opportunity to become a volunteer leader
- Training: American Red Cross Volunteer Orientation
- Transportation Specialist Training
- On the Job training
10:00 AM to 02:00 PM
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About AMERICAN NATIONAL RED CROSS
431 18TH ST NW, WASHINGTON, DC 20006, US
The Red Cross, born of a desire to bring assistance without discrimination to the wounded on the battlefield, endeavors--in its international and national capacity--to prevent and alleviate human suffering wherever it may be found. Its purpose is to protect life and health and to ensure respect for the human being.
The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that...
...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope;
...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters;
...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products;
...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and
...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
Altoona and surroundingAltoona, PA 16601
August 26, 2021
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training