J Ambassador Program
Building on the Alpert Jewish Community Center’s commitment to exceptional customer service, we have created the J Ambassadors Program. During this time, we are particularly reminded of the importance and value of what our volunteers, members and community as a whole bring to the AJCC. It is within this spirit we are asking for your support by becoming a J Ambassador.
If you are a friendly, outgoing individual who is familiar with the AJCC, or maybe interested in learning more about the AJCC, please let us know. Also, becoming a J Ambassador is a great way to earn Service Learning hours through your high school and to become proficient in an office setting.
A short training will be provided to familiarize you with answering phone calls, navigating our website and safety & security here at the AJCC.
Volunteer hours are assigned Sunday thru Saturday, between the hours of 8:30am- 12:30 or 12:30-4:30pm. Your tasks will include answering incoming phone calls and/or assist with light office/clerical assignments.
- 08:30 AM to 12:30 AM
- 12:30 PM to 04:30 PM
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Alpert Jewish Community Center
3801 E. Willow Street, Long Beach, CA 90815, US
The Alpert Jewish Community Center provides programs and services that contribute to the sound development of individuals of all ages and offers opportunities to enhance an appreciation of Jewish and Democratic values in Long Beach.
The Long Beach Jewish Community Center was established in August, 1948. Expanding to meet the growth of the Center and its members, a campaign from the Jewish Federation was established in 1956 to build a new center at the present location. Ever expanding growth of the JCC resulted in the need for yet a bigger building. On September 28, 1997 the Center celebrated the first formal groundbreaking ceremony. The new Alpert Jewish Community Center on the Weinberg Jewish Federation Campus opened in December 2000.
- Community - provide a neighborhood gathering place, fostering fellowship among all people, and work cooperatively and in partnership with other organizations in the general and Jewish community.
- Jewish Experience - Promote Spiritual, cultural, and ethical values of Judaism, and provide Jewish learning and living experiences that enhance one's sense of identity.
- Responsiveness - Listen to are sensitive to the needs of our members, volunteers, staff and the community
- Quality - Provide the highest quality programs and services, facilities, and staff that meet the social, recreational, cultural, and educational and wellness needs of our members
- Leadership - Value partnership of strong lay and professional leadership with enables us to plan collectively to achieve our goals.
Alpert Jewish Community Center3801 E. Willow StreetLONG BEACH, CA 90815
August 9, 2021
- Office Reception
- Customer Service
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Volunteer hours are assigned Sunday thru Saturday, between the hours of 8:30am- 12:30 or 12:30-4:30pm. Your tasks will include answering incoming phone calls and/or assist with light office/clerical assignments. 3 hour/week committment.
- Cordial, friendly, outgoing.