12 people are interested
Visit-A-Bit Telephone Volunteer
12 people are interested
*Must live in the Greater St. Louis area*
Reports to: The Telephone Volunteer will report to the Visit-A-Bit Manager.
Time: 1-2 hours a week
Summary of Position:
- To provide a form of companionship via the telephone for a Senior in our Visit-A-Bit Program, that may be experiencing loneliness. Provide tips and techniques to your Senior that will assist them living alone happily, while providing an outlet for conversation, bonding, rapport building, and active listening skills.
- Call your assigned Senior a minimum of once a week.
- Call the Visit-A-Bit Manager with any issues, concerns or questions.
- Be a companion to your Senior.
- Refer to your training manual if you have questions.
- Must be respectful, gentle, kind and non-judgmental.
- Complete and submit a weekly call report.
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Ability to speak slowly & clearly if needed for communications with your Senior.
- Must have either a landline or cellphone to make weekly phone calls.
- No experience required
- Should exhibit a great deal of patience and provide a peaceful and meaningful experience for the Senior.
- Volunteer should genuinely want to be there and want to helpful.
- Ability to commit at least 9 months as a volunteer.
- No physical abilities or qualifications required to be a volunteer.
- Must live in the Greater St. Louis Area
- Volunteering will take place over the phone.
About Visiting Nurse Association of Greater St. Louis
2029 Woodland Parkway Suite 105, St. Louis, MO 63146, US
VNA provides a coordinated continuum of care throughout one's life span, that promotes health, independence and dignity in the home and community. This is accomplished by Hospice care, palliative care (Advanced Illness Management) and VNA Home Care
VNA is a non profit organization and a member of the United Way with a certified volunteer program. Visiting Nurse Association seeks to improve the quality of life for those patients with a life limiting illness for whom the goal is comfort rather than cure thru their hospice division. VNA also provides palliative care -Advanced Illness Management to patients with difficulty leaving home due to serious chronic illness. VNA also provides Care at home through private duty services-VNA CAre at Home.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
August 9, 2021
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication