DONATE TO THIS
2 people are interested
OMSI Guest Services Greeter (18+)
DONATE TO THIS
2 people are interested
Position Summary: Greeters welcome visitors to OMSI as they enter the museum’s exhibit halls and attractions, and provide them with friendly and helpful service to explore OMSI in a safe and welcoming environment. In this particular period, answering questions and stating OMSI protocols as related to COVID-19 will be an important additional aspect of the volunteer opportunity. Detailed training related to these protocols will be provided to volunteers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet visitors and welcome them as they enter OMSI
- Encourage guests to follow safety protocols and museum procedures as expressed by Guest Services supervisors and OMSI staff, including social distancing guidelines and wearing protective face coverings
- Direct guests to appropriate lines to redeem pre-purchased tickets or purchase tickets onsite.
- Communicate clear and accurate information about the museum’s exhibits, attractions and policies
- Assisting museum staff with additional guest support as needed, including but not limited to, operating the intro video and regulating the number of guests entering the Featured Hall exhibit.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong communication and customer service skills.
- Able to maintain a calm, pleasant, and cheerful demeanor in a variety of atmospheres.
- Able to listen to and communicate with people of diverse backgrounds, education levels, and ages.
- Dependable and punctual.
- Self-directed and willing to take initiative.
- Must present a professional appearance.
- Willing to follow OMSI rules and procedures.
Schedule and Support:
- Shift Times: 10:00 am to 1:30 pm & 1:30 pm to 5:00 pm
- Minimum number of hours: 4 hours per week or 8 hours per month
- Attend the following trainings or classes:
- Volunteer Orientation
- COVID-19 Safety Training
- Customer Service Training
- Training opportunities and a lifelong learning experience.
- Admission for the volunteer to the museum exhibits and attractions based on availability.
- An OMSI Family Membership upon completion of 50 hours of volunteer service.
- Discounts in the OMSI Science Store and on-site restaurants based on availability.
- The opportunity to meet many new people and learn more about OMSI.
About Oregon Museum of Science and Industry (OMSI)
1945 SE Water Avenue, Portland, OR 97214, US
OMSI’s mission is to inspire curiosity through engaging science learning experiences, foster experimentation and the exchange of ideas, and stimulate informed action. Volunteers support the operation of five exhibit halls and eight science labs and hundreds of interactive exhibits and hands-on demonstrations.
OMSI is an independent non-profit 501(c)(3) organization and relies on admissions, memberships, and donations to continue our educational mission, programs, and exhibits.
All are welcome at OMSI.
OMSI is committed to recruiting, hiring, developing, and retaining individuals from a diverse candidate pool regardless of race, age, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, citizenship status, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability, or any other legally protected status.
Equity, diversity, and inclusion guide our process as we build a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills so that we can better reflect and serve our community. We strongly invite applications from candidates who share our commitment to diversity.
1945 SE Water AvenuePortland, OR 97214
August 8, 2021
- Customer Service
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Two 4 hour shifts per month, minimum of 9 month