6 people are interested
Seeking volunteers for Long Term Care Ombudsman; Certification class starts October 2022!
ORGANIZATION: ARISE Child and Family Service, Inc.
Please visit the new page to apply.
6 people are interested
Seeking compassionate and dedicated volunteers to become certified NYS long term care Ombudsman. Our region covers Onondaga, Cayuga, Cortland and Oswego counties.
As a certified Ombudsman, you will regularly visit a local nursing home or other adult care facility to advocate for residents and help ensure they are receiving quality, person-centered care.
Role of volunteer Ombudsman
- Provides a voice for residents of nursing homes , assisted living facilities , and other long term care settings.
- Help residents and their families understand and exercise their rights.
- Educate and empower residents to self-advocate.
- Lessen social isolation or loneliness many residents experience.
- Create your own schedule.
- Receives on-going training and support.
Our next training session is:
Interview, background check and pre-class facility shadowing are required prior to the start of training.
If you are interested in making a difference in the lives of seniors, please contact:
Rebecca Alder, Ombudsman Program Director
More opportunities with ARISE Child and Family Service, Inc.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About ARISE Child and Family Service, Inc.
635 James Street, Syracuse, NY 13203, US
ARISE's mission is to work with people of all abilities to create a fair and just community in which everyone can fully participate.
One of New York State's eight original Independent Living Centers, ARISE was founded in 1979 by advocates dedicated to the idea - which was revolutionary at the time - that people with disabilities should have equal rights. ARISE quickly grew to meet the demand for services, opening satellite offices in Onondaga, Oswego, and Madison Counties to more fully support people with disabilities living in Central New York.
Today ARISE has over 450 staff members who advocate for the interests of people with disabilities, and who work to deliver more than 40 different programs and services.
Multiple locations Syracuse, NY 13224
August 1, 2022
- Conflict Resolution
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Basic Computer Skills
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 2-4 hours a week in facility plus monthly in-services (via Zoom, in-person or webinars)
- Must pass basic background check and not have a conflict of interest with facility that is assigned.