CONTENT DIRECTOR for Oakland Startup Youth Resource Organization
Catalyst Youth Network seeks an experienced Content Director to join a small but growing team of passionate people committed to building our non-profit to help bring equity and opportunity to disenfranchised youth in Oakland
The Communications Director will collaborate with the executive leader and other staff playing a critical role in furthering all three pillars of CYN’s work: Youth Development, Training Volunteers, and bringing together a Network of service providers and resources in one centralized place that centers around the youth of Oakland. The Communications Manager will help promote CYN through writing newsletters, and managing the organization's social media accounts, and collaborate on marketing projects with the executive and marketing teams.
- Work roughly 1-2 hrs a week .
- Work mostly remotely.
- Collaborate with and support executive leaders on communications/ marketing tasks.
- Managing the content team.
- Collaborate with Marketing & Fundraising Committees.
- Creating and implementing CYNs communications strategy and schedule.
- Experience writing copy
- Some Experience in graphic design tools
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Organization and planning skills
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Highly resourceful
- Deep commitment to building equity and helping Oakland’s Youth.
About CATALYST YOUTH NETWORK
1721 Broadway, Suite 201, Oakland, CA 94612, US
Our Mission is to develop a centralized network of service providers and resources for the youth of Oakland, and provide each child in need with holistic and tailored solutions that will help them achieve their dreams.
Catalyst Youth Network was founded in 2020 to help bring equity of opportunity and resources to the historically underserved youth of Oakland, California. By establishing a shared network of community partners, training volunteers, and mentoring youth, it is closing the gaps between existing services and bridging resources with teenagers in need. From career coaching to internship placement to mental health services, Catalyst provides each child with holistic and tailored solutions to help them achieve their dreams.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
August 6, 2021
- Graphic Design / Print
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Project Management
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Background Check
- Must be at least 20
- Roughly 1 to 2 hours a week but can be done in batches monthly which would be roughly 4 to 8 hours a month.