2 people are interested
2 people are interested
The volunteer provides that welcoming interaction, and reduces the stress that a person feels when entering surroundings that are unfamiliar to them. These interactions may be with individuals such as visiting scholars and providers, patients and their families, and students that are new to these surroundings but are attending OHSU for a learning experience.
OHSU volunteers have an opportunity to enhance a person's day with every interaction that they have, whether they are helping to discharge a patient, delivering a special gift to a patient room, or simply walking and talking with an individual as they escort them to a particular site or location here on campus.
07:00 AM to 11:00 AM
Providing assistance to patients, staff members and students in a busy medical university setting.
11:00 AM to 03:00 PM
Providing Assistance to patients, staff members, and students in a busy medical university setting.
03:00 PM to 07:00 PM
Providing assistance to patients, staff members, and students in a busy university medical center environment
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About OHSU Visitors and Volunteers
3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Rd., Portland, OR 97239, US
Our mission is to utilize volunteer resources to enhance the patients’ experience within the healthcare mission.
Healthcare Volunteers provides assistance in the achievement of departmental objectives by effectively utilizing volunteer resources in harmony with the institution’s goals, objectives and mission, ultimately improving the experience of patients, families, and visitors. Volunteers strive to:
- Serve patients, families, and visitors by spending quality time visiting and assisting them to promote the delivery of outstanding service.
- Assist staff in order to expedite patient treatment through non-medical services as requested, as well as to achieve greater knowledge in areas of interests leading to competent and skilled volunteers.
- Assist the unit, clinic, or assignment area to promote a safe and welcoming environment.
Multiple locations Portland, OR 97236
August 6, 2021
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hours per week for 6 months. A volunteer can work multiple hours per week if they are available, but 6 months is the minimum time limit.
- Since you are working in a professional hospital environment in an Academic Medical Setting, we do have specific requirements. Application, Orientation, Interview, Online Training Modules, Vaccination Verifications, Background Check, and training.