2 people are interested
Volunteers - Event Helpers
ORGANIZATION: Girl Scouts of Northern Illinois
Please visit the new page to apply.
2 people are interested
October 28 is almost here - and it’s time to party at camp! Potato and the Program Team will be hosting a Halloween-themed fair. This event is where troops, families, and new Girl Scouts can hike around camp, explore, and spend the day outdoors with us. We have a list of activity stations from games, outdoor skills, and crafts - and we need help running stations! There are about 225 participants coming to the event including new and current Girl Scout members and families.
The event will be hosted at one of our camps from 10AM-2PM on October 28. If you would like to assist us, we would need volunteers to arrive by 9:15 AM to have their stations ready for everyone to arrive. Stations will be scattered throughout camp instructions will be given you before you join us. Some stations will be outdoors, but all will be within a unit or near a lodge.
Our activity stations include the following (with links to the activities for the general idea):
- Ring toss
- Pumpkin bucket toss/Bozo buckets game
- Ghost catching (like bobbing for apples or a donut on a string).
- Spider races
- Pumpkin poke
- Some minute to win it games
- We will also put out yard games like Connect 4, parachutes, etc.
- Outdoor skills:
- Simple First Aid (dressing warm, safety outdoors)
- Knot tying
- Shelter building (tents and/or with sticks and rope)
- Obstacle courses (in a tent or building hallway)
- Monster SWAP station
- Spider web suncatchers
- Halloween bookmarks.
- Spoon catapults
- Touch-and-feel mystery boxes
- Halloween code decoders
- Static electricity ghosts (you get static on a balloon (rub it on clothes, hair) and the static will cause tissue paper ghost to float and spin)
- Juliette Gordon Low Birthday Station
- Birthday cards
- Photo booth spot with Potato
- Traditional Girl Scout games like Kim’s Game, handstand contests
- Gnome Hunt Station - Groups will trick or treat to the gnomes on their own to find the candy.
We still have a ton of open positions; if you are free next Saturday, come join us at camp! You can sign up for an activity station by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Sat Oct 28, 2023
09:30 AM to 02:30 PM
will be able to sign up for a station once you contact us
About Girl Scouts of Northern Illinois
South Elgin Resource Center, 353 Randall Rd, South Elgin, IL 60133, US
Girl Scouting builds girls of courage, confidence and character who make the world a better place.
Come help us make our future leaders as we have been doing since 1912! We ARE the premiere organization for Girls Everywhere! The Girl Scout Program is girl-driven, reflecting the ever-changing needs and interests of today's girls. Girls discover the fun, friendship, and power of girls together. Girls learn the importance of personal responsibility, the value of goal-setting, the spirit of teamwork, and the thrill of accomplishment.
Girl Scouting is for every girl, everywhere---where today's girls can become tomorrow's leaders. Membership in Girl Scouts is open to girls in grades K-12th; women and men over 18 can join as adult members with a completed adult application and background check.
Multiple locations Stillman Valley, IL 61084
October 20, 2023
- Event Design & Planning
- Child Development
- Youth Services
- People Skills
- Project Management
- Background Check
- Must be at least 19
- Orientation or Training
- We have other upcoming events: Oct. 28, 2023, 9:30am - 2:30pm
- Feb. 17, 2024, 9:30am-2:30pm May 4, 2024, 9:30am-2:30pm