7 people are interested
Community Engagement Intern
7 people are interested
Description of Position:
The Community Engagement Intern’s primary focus will be to assist in developing and executing strategies to increase volunteer staffing to support the organization’s largest public fundraiser, the Red Kettle campaign, covering over 250 locations and raising over 2 million dollars. This will be accomplished by reviewing existing data of our current volunteer population, conducting research, developing a recruitment plan, and assisting with outreach efforts.Specific Duties
- Research local organizations in Twin Cities metro and identify key contacts for
- Develop a recruitment plan including specific messaging to faith communities, businesses, schools, civic groups,
- Assist with outreach efforts including preparing and executing strategies such as mailings, email campaigns and personal contact.
- Assist with other prep work for the Red Kettle campaign including organization and distribution of Kettles and other supplies.
- Other administrative duties related to volunteer recruitment and tracking as
- Previous experience or interest in nonprofits, volunteerism, recruitment, or research
- Ability to organize time and work independently, follow directions and complete tasks in an effective
- Computer skills, particularly Microsoft Office Applications
- Access to computer and ability to conduct external internet
- Basic knowledge of local organizations, civic groups, and institutions in the Twin Cities helpful, but not
- Organizational overview
- Project-related training,
- Opportunity to contribute to an annual fundraiser that helps equip families, provide housing, empower youth, overcome poverty, and
- Gain access to local community connections to build meaningful, impactful relationships across the metro area.
- Opportunity to work at a well-known non-profit
- Develop internal and external communication
- Gain leadership skills.
- Receive letters of reference or recommendation upon
- Hybrid position, ability to work from the office, or anywhere with internet
About The Salvation Army
2445 Prior Ave. N, Roseville, MN 55113, US
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
The Salvation Army offers social services and recreational programs with the goal of addressing specific physical, emotional, spiritual, and social needs of each family, individual, child/youth, or elderly person. Services provided include, but not limited to: emergency food shelves, school supply programs, rental/utility assistance, educational programs, outreach to the homeless, family and youth camping, community center programs, Christmas assistance programs, nursing home visitations, corrections programs, and disaster services. We are Here to Help!
Salvation Army Divisional Headquarters2445 Prior Ave NRoseville, MN 55113
August 6, 2021
- Administrative Support
- Data Entry
- Program Management
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Internship August-December 2021