- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
ALERT!!! CALLING ALL Health Professionals RN's, LVN's EMT's + - Your Experience is Needed!
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross - San Bernardino HIGH DESERT County Chapter
Please visit the new page to apply.
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
Licensed healthcare professionals are needed! Are you a licensed healthcare professional? If so, we also have a high need for health care workers to provide assistance and healthcare to shelter residents. With predictions for a very active hurricane and wildfire season, disaster victims need your expert care and comfort. Training is free and CE credit is available. For those able to travel outside of their local area, a commitment of at least 10 consecutive days, with shifts of 8 or 12 hours each (we'll cover travel, food, and accommodations) OR stay local. If the need arises, volunteers are asked to commit to multiple local shifts of 4, 8 or 12 hours each.Licensed Required: RN, LPN, LVN, EMT, Paramedic, MD, DO, PA, NP, APRN. It’s the hardest job you will ever love!
Purpose: Disaster Health Services (DHS) Supervisor (SV) is a TEMPORARY POSITION assigned to work in person before, during, and/or after a disaster event this hurricane/wildfire season. The purpose of this role is to lead a team of Disaster Health Services responders to provide health services care to shelter clients. This role will act as the liaison from the Disaster Health Services team to the shelter manager. Advocacy for client needs is a primary purpose of this role.
Key Responsibilities: Disaster Health Services Supervisor (IDC/DHS/SV).
- Lead team of licensed healthcare professionals
- Act as liaison for DHS team with the shelter manager
- Assist DHS service associates with documentation and data gathering (including C-MIST interview).
- Communicate access and functional needs of clients to shelter manager
- Provide hands-on care as necessary, including assistance with activities of daily living, wound care, incontinence care, health assessments, health education, and determination that a higher level of care is needed for the client
- Observation and health screening for COVID-19 like illness for all shelter clients daily
- Lead the management of a shelter isolation care area.
- Complete required virtual self-paced and instructor-led training for the position (29 hours total)
Purpose: Disaster Health Services (DHS) Service Associate (SA) is a TEMPORARY POSITION assigned to work in person before, during, and/or after a disaster event this hurricane/wildfire season. Volunteers in this role provide assistance and healthcare to shelter residents as needed.
Key Responsibilities: Disaster Health Services Service Associate (IDC/DHS/SA).
- Provide hands-on care for shelter clients to include but not limited to assistance with activities of daily living, wound care, incontinence care, assistance with functional needs.
- Provide health education, health assessments, and determination if a higher level of care is needed.
- Assist clients to replace medications, durable medical equipment, or consumable medical supplies.
- Advocate for client needs with Disaster Health Services supervisor.
- Support maternal and child needs as necessary.
- Complete required virtual self-paced and instructor-led training required for the position (9 hours total).
Time Commitment: Varies by disaster
Training: We provide all the training!
"WE ARE LOOKING FOR LOCAL HEROES TO POSITIVELY IMPACT YOUR COMMUNITY"
Sign-up to volunteer today! Please email questions to Juana Zapata, the Sr. Volunteer Recruiter Specialist, at Juana.Zapata@redcross.org or (951) 205-6689.
35 More opportunities with American Red Cross - San Bernardino HIGH DESERT County Chapter
About American Red Cross - San Bernardino HIGH DESERT County Chapter
10600 N. Trademark Parkway, Suite 406, Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that...
...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope;
...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters;
...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products;
...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and
...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
17199 Yuma St Suite 2Victorville, CA 92395
May 26, 2023
- Physician Assistant
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Licensed Required: RN, LPN, LVN, EMT, Paramedic, MD, DO, PA, NP, APRN. It’s the hardest job you will ever love!
- When disaster strikes, you can help strike back!! People affected by disaster need your support and care!! Impact Your Community NOW!