1 person is interested
Donations Delivery Assistant
1 person is interested
Under the supervision of the volunteer and donations coordinator, donation delivery assistants transport groceries and toiletries to the homes of refugees and special immigrants living in Central California.Time Commitment:
Minimum 2-8 hrs, on call for at least four months. Longer volunteer commitments encouraged.Responsibilities:
- Assist with tracking and sorting grocery pickups
- Coordinate grocery pick-ups with volunteer and donations coordinator
- Pick up groceries, toiletries, and laptops from stores or donation facilities · Comfortable with driving a pick up van
- Volunteers with access to a van particularly desired
- Travel distances of up to 70 miles each way to pick up groceries and other goods and transport them to client homes in Stanislaus, San Joaquin, and Merced counties
- Arrange groceries items in an organized fashion
Candidates will need a valid driver's license and insurance. Access to a pickup truck or van to transport several boxes of groceries and toiletries is helpful. Candidates also must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
How to Apply: Fill out an application online. If you're a good fit for this opportunity, someone will be in touch with you.
About International Rescue Committee (IRC) of Turlock/Modesto
1209 Woodrow Ave., Suite C4, Modesto, CA 95350, US
The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their future.
At work in more than 40 countries and 29 U.S. cities to restore safety, dignity and hope, the IRC leads the way from harm to home. The IRC's local offices in Turlock and Modesto operate several highly effective programs to meet a wide variety of refugee newcomers' needs. Our offices ensure new arrivals have food, shelter, and clothing, and we work with refugees to help them gain self-sufficiency through English language classes, job readiness training and civics services. This year, the IRC in Turlock will resettle refugees from Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran and Syria among other countries.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
August 5, 2021
- Community Outreach
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum 2-8 hrs, on call for at least four months. Longer volunteer commitments encouraged.