Fall 2021 Internship
This internship position is flexible and will be working directly with the Executive team to enhance the organization’s internal and external effectiveness. The Operations Intern provides support to the day-to-day operations of Cheer Up Wellness Inc. S/he is responsible for providing outstanding customer service, being an enthusiastic professional, and being able to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders. S/he also represents Cheer Up Wellness Inc. to nonprofit partners, students, donors, and various other constituent groups.
- Manage the organization's calendars and ensure all information is up-to-date and represented accurately, including setting all appointments, working with the Executive team to prioritize meetings, anticipating scheduling needs, etc.
- Assist with the internal operations including managing supplies, scheduling and other relevant duties as needed.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping all stakeholder information confidential.
- Assist with compiling materials for grant applications, federal and local filings, etc. as necessary.
- Assist with meeting preparation for leadership team meetings and retreats
- File and retrieve documents and reference materials.
- Research and defining best practices and support the streamlining of policies and procedures, manuals and other office guides.
- Assistance with financial record keeping such as the collection of credit card receipts for staff, and assisting in tracking expenses for grants.
- Assist with donor management as well as other external mailings and routine correspondences, such as thank you cards, newsletters, and annual reports
- Update internal usage guide to assist staff with how to use the CRM system.
- Assist in creating monthly newsletter to board of directors and managing tools to collect input for staff and volunteers
- Provide support for virtual events such as friend-raisers, third-party events, etc.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- A background in sociology, psychology, and other relevant social sciences is helpful.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, delegate and work independently.
- Effective verbal, math, and written skills.
- Experience working with computerized databases and word processing.
- Strong attention to detail.
Timeline and Hours
- Interns are required to work at least 10 hours/week.
- Undergraduate, graduate students are welcome to apply.
- Hours can be used for School Credit.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About CHEER UP WELLNESS INC
822 Guilford Ave #955, Baltimore, MD 21202, US
Cheer Up Wellness, Inc.'s mission is to promote social and emotional health in the community by providing a range of specialized human services.
Our approach is to meet people where they are, and offer programs that uplift and empower.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
August 5, 2021
- Office Management
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Program Management
- Must be at least 18
- Minimum 10hr per week