2 people are interested
2 people are interested
Grow with SJEI by providing much needed support while developing and honing your professional skills. By joining our select group of diverse, skilled, and committed team members you will help us continue to lay the foundation of SJEI and work to champion social and environmental justice, through our mission by bridging resources with innovation to engineer solutions that target the meaningful involvement of people for the common good.
In collaboration with the Projects Director and relevant Board Members, the Project Manager will support projects that drive the organization’s mission. The Project Manager leads a team of volunteers to achieve project directives in an unstructured environment.
- Project Execution: Lead all aspects of project execution including scope, schedule and budget; ensure quality control of deliverables; analyze and communicate project status, risks, schedule, and costs to stakeholders; plan, organize, and coordinate with organization manager on project volunteer needs.
- Leadership: Mentor and train less experienced volunteers; coordinate activities.
- Volunteer Engagement: support company initiatives; participate in volunteer/staff recognition programs and special events.
- One (1) year commitment (3 years preferred)
- At least five (5) hours per week
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field.
- Work or volunteer experience related to managing projects in environmental engineering or similar industry.
- Experience in hardware/software integrations.
- Experience leading teams.
- Knowledge of project management.
Commitment to Ethical Standards - serve as faithful agents of the organization. Avoid deceptive acts. Conduct themselves honorably, responsibly, ethically, and lawfully.
Achieving Results - sets clear, well-defined desired outcomes for work activity and tracks progress; demonstrates a strong sense of urgency and persistence about accomplishing them
Communication - demonstrates the ability to convey thoughts, ideas and concepts clearly in writing and orally.
Coaching - Support and facilitate the professional development of others; provides productive feedback and works to improve the performance of others.
Cross Cultural Awareness - able to adapt effectively to various cultural environments socially, ethnically and maintain awareness of different values associated with cultures.
Planning - establishes plans that break complex projects into their component parts, each with its own timeline; organizes work into processes.
About The Social Justice + Engineering Initiative
2 North Central Avenue, Suite 1800, Phoenix, AZ 85004, US
Our organization seeks to research, develop, and implement engineering practices, designs, products, and methods that promote social and environmental justice and overall sustainability. Further, we strive to educate, advocate, plan and engineer the future development of our cities, towns, neighborhoods, farms - our planet.
The Social Justice + Engineering Initiative is a conscious engineering, social justice, and environmental justice organization that seeks to implement sustainable engineering practices, designs, and developments that adhere to social and environmental justice.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
September 15, 2021
- Product Development
- System Engineering
- Environmental Science
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- One (1) year commitment. At least five (5) hours per week.
- West coast USA location preferred.