Front Desk Reception Volunteer Saturdays
Help us to open our doors on Saturdays. We are looking for volunteers to work at least one Saturday per month, 10am-4pm, full shifts or half days are available.
Reception volunteers are the first point of contact for Museum visitors and telephone inquiries. A friendly attitude, good organizational skills and the ability to multitask is essential. We would like to open our doors to the community on Saturdays.
- Greet people entering the building, answering questions, providing directions and alerting staff when someone is there to meet or visit them.
- Take cash and card payments for museum entry and gift shop purchases, operating a cash register and credit card reader.
- Answer the telephone, routing them to the correct extension or taking and delivering messages.
- Accept deliveries and mail.
- Maintain the reception area, keeping it clean and free of clutter.
- Perform filing and data entry as requested.
- Open the building if first to arrive in the morning.
- Perform closing procedures (e.g. turning off lights) in the museum area prior to departure.
- 10:00 AM to 04:00 PM
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About THE HERSHEY-DERRY TOWNSHIP HISTORICAL SOCIETY
40 NORTHEAST DR, HERSHEY, PA 17033, US
The mission of the Hershey History Center is dedicated to preserve, promote, and interpret the history of Derry Township, Dauphin County, Pennsylvania.
Since 1991, the Hershey History Center has committed to the mission to preserve, promote, and interpret our community's heritage. Our ever-growing collection is a unique blend of artifacts, oral histories, and archival resources. Our Board of Directors, volunteers, and staff ensure the continuity of the mission and collections for generations to come.
The History Center's museum provides authentic visual and interpretive exhibits, complemented by our archive and library resources which provide access to records and documents for research and education. Preservation programming enables community involvement by recognizing significant buildings, landmarks, and events in our shared history.
We have a robust volunteer program and seek to engage with the community and establish positive relationships. We aim to provide life-enhancing opportunities for volunteers through social interaction, learning new skills, career development, and a shared interest in history. In turn the History Center benefits from the valuable resource that volunteers provide.
We are looking for motivated individuals to help us continue our mission and purpose at the museum or events. Areas of work include administrative tasks, front desk reception, scanning collections, database support, graphic design, marketing, research, retail development, building maintenance and event staffing.
The Hershey History Center is a 501c3 non-profit organization that is supported by membership and the generous donations of individuals, area businesses, and grants.
40 Northeast DriveHersheyHershey, PA 17033
September 15, 2021
- Customer Service
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- One or more shifts per month would be a great help.