5 people are interested
General Supply Assistant
5 people are interested
The General Supply Assistant stores, moves, and delivers products and supplies around the ship, ensuring that documentation, labeling, and placement of items around the ship are accurate. Helping to unload containers and receive local supplies, the General Supply Assistant moves around the ship a lot in a physically demanding role.
What You Will Contribute
- Assist in maintaining a current inventory count and accurate usage reports of general supplies, taking regular physical stock inventories
- Ensure all stock is appropriately labeled and tracked using the inventory management system
- Report any pertinent information related to job challenges, issues, or improvements to the General Inventory Controller
- Keep equipment and stores areas clean and in good order
- Demonstrate and promote a proactive commitment to health & safety, well-being, and the environment
For This Role, You Will Need
- Successful completion of Mercy Ships On Boarding program
- Previous experience with supply management beneficial
- Good problem-solving abilities with strong organisational and planning skills
- Familiar with the use of a computer, databases, and email
- Ability to lift 10 kg regularly, up to 25 kg occasionally, and work for prolonged periods of time standing
Questions about this information? Send us an email! Our recruiter would love to answer any questions you may have. You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Mercy Ships
P.O. Box 2020, Lindale, TX 75771, US
We follow the 2000-year-old example of Jesus, bringing hope and healing to the world's forgotten poor.
Mercy Ships is a global charity that has been operating hospital ships in developing nations since 1978. Mercy Ships provides free life-changing surgeries to the poor and trains local medical professionals in safe surgery techniques in an effort to help end the world's safe surgery crisis.
On average, 1300 volunteers from over 50 nations serve onboard with Mercy Ships each year - whether they're surgeons or engineers, cooks or IT professionals, teachers or accountants, etc. Every role is critical to the success of our mission.
To volunteer with Mercy Ships, please submit an application online at apply.mercyships.org!
PO Box 2020Antwerp, Belgium
August 5, 2021
- Warehouse Equipment Operations
- Inventory Management
- Supply Chain
- Minimum Time commitment of 12 months