Shelter Service Associate Trainee
The Shelter (SH) Service Associate (SA) is a temporary position assigned to work in person in a Red Cross shelter before, during and/or after a disaster event. Shelter Service Associates complete tasks necessary for shelter operations and interacts with clients to ensure their needs are met.
Responsibilities vary depending on assignment.
- May include providing support to one or more of the following areas within the shelter:
- Provide excellent customer service to clients
- Complete the required virtual self-paced training (3.5 hours of training total)
About AMERICAN RED CROSS
2825 Emerywood Parkway, Richmond, VA 23294, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that...
...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope;
...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters;
...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products;
...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and
...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
Multiple locations Norfolk, VA 23510
August 5, 2021
- Local/Regional: Shift work determined by the scale of the relief operation; a minimum requirement of 8-12 hours per day during the disaster relief operation for multiple, consecutive days. Beyond region: Minimum of 14 days working 8- or 12-hour shift
- Willing and able to volunteer in person in a disaster shelter before, during and/or after a disaster event. • Comfortable interacting with people from various diverse background whose lives have been disrupted and many are presenting immediate needs