1 person is interested
RNs, NPs, LVNs, EMTs + Needed for Wildfire Season
1 person is interested
Provide health care to evacuees in disaster shelters.
Every year, the American Red Cross responds to 70,000 disasters nationwide. The Disaster Health
Services team plays a crucial role in providing care. We are looking for volunteers to train up and
serve should the Red Cross set up shelters, feeding service, or provide health services during this
challenging COVID environment.
Looking for California state licensed professionals:
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
- Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN)
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
- Medical Doctor (MD)
- Doctor of Osteopathy (DO)
- Physician Assistant (PA)
- Nurse Practitioner (NP)
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN)
- Willing to volunteer masked, in-person in a congregate disaster shelter.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Available to serve within San Diego County area and willing to travel to other Southern California county service areas (Riverside, San Bernardino, Orange County, and Imperial County) - if needed.
- Access to reliable Internet connectivity to take online training and sign up for shifts virtually.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Willing and able to live and work in adverse conditions? ( i.e. shelters can be uncomfortable, shifts are 6-8-12 hours long)
- If you can only volunteer for the next 6 months of our wildfire season, that is still very helpful! Though our preferred commitment is for 1 year.
- Attend a monthly Health Services team meeting virtually.
- Commit to signing up for at least 2 on call shifts each month. (Shifts are typically Morning: 8am 8pm and Evening: 8pm 8am).
- Bilingual Spanish/English is a bonus!
Joining the Red Cross is joining a global network of humanitarians who care about those in need
when they need help the most. The Red Cross is committed to representing and reflecting the
communities we serve and invite you to join us today.
About American Red Cross of San Diego/Imperial Counties
3950 Calle Fortunada, San Diego, CA 92123, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether its one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member, veteran, or support to a military family member. Our vital work is made possible by volunteers like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
3950 Calle FortunadaSan Diego, CA 92123
August 4, 2021
- Patient Care
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- On average 10 hours per month. During disaster operations, the time commitment can be a 2-week deployment scenario with 10-12 hour shifts each day.
- There is a health license verification process.