ALERT! We need a Regional Nurse, LVN, MD Partnership Leader! Impact Your Community NOW!
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross, Riverside County Chapter
Please visit the new page to apply.
The Regional Nurse Partnership Leader (RNL) is a front-line leader of the Nursing Network who partners with local leadership to recruit health professional volunteers per regional needs. The RNL provides guidance on nursing and health matters and helps build the health professional network in the region. RNLs promote volunteer
engagement and satisfaction across the business lines and work to achieve the Volunteer Services Chief Nurse Initiatives.
- Proactively support and guide Red Cross units in volunteer recruitment, reception, retention, and recognition to build health professional capacity across all business lines and at all levels of the organization in support of organizational and regional priorities. Assist units in volunteer recruitment to reflect community demographics.
- Act as a resource for nursing and health in the region across all business lines, working collaboratively with Nursing Network leaders and others to achieve the Chief Nurse Initiatives.
- Establish a good working relationship with key leaders at the regional level (e.g., Emergency Services Director, CEO, nurse/health leaders in other business lines).
- Establish relationships with community partners (nurses and non-nurses) and maintain an updated roster
- Coordinate meetings for regional nurses and other health professionals, engaging colleagues, and partners as appropriate in support of the Chief Nurse Initiatives.
Regularly communicate nursing and health-related successes (e.g., awards, media coverage, projects) to other Nursing Network leaders and through other communication venues
* Ensure that nurse volunteers enter their nurse-specific information in Volunteer Connection and submit all volunteer hours
* Submit all RNL hours in Volunteer Connection on at least a monthly basis and maintain an updated Volunteer Connection profile
* Complete quarterly metrics and annual Nursing & Health Leaders Diversity Survey
* Recruit and support Nursing Network Engagement Specialists as needed.
RNLs should recruit for and mentor their own replacements in consultation with RVSOs and DNLs.
- Current, unencumbered, active licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN preferred) or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) / Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN)
- Cultural sensitivity and awareness
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Team and relationship building, talent management, and succession planning skills to grow the
- Ability to manage projects, collaborate, lead change, motivate others and work with remote teams
- Access to and ability to use telephonic and computer technology, basic office software
(e.g., PowerPoint, Excel, email), and social media for virtual interaction.
Time Commitment: 6-8 hours per week, virtual work
Please email questions to John Steinberger, the Sr. Volunteer Recruitment Specialist, at John.Steinberger2@org or (760) 220-5361.
About American Red Cross, Riverside County Chapter
6235 River Crest Drive, Suite A, Riverside, CA 92507, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
he American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that...
...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope;
...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters;
...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products;
...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and
...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
6235 River Crest DriveSuite ARiverside, CA 92507
July 27, 2023
- Basic Computer Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Orientation or Training
- ALERT! We need a Regional Nurse, LVN, MD Partnership Leader! Impact Your Community NOW!
- Must have an Active license as a Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse / Licensed Vocational Nurse.