Help Feed Individuals on Fixed Incomes!! Food Bank Volunteers Needed (La Mirada, CA)
Residents living on fixed incomes are often forced to choose between paying for housing or nutritious foods.
As a Food Bank volunteer with LINC Cares you will help low-income residents obtain extra food and supplies that are much needed in their households. Food Bank Volunteers at LINC Cares help the community by providing assistance with packaging and distributing the goods at the bi-weekly food bank. This helps improve low-income residents quality of life and promote their ability to live independently.
The food bank occurs every Wednesday from 10AM-2PM
Learn new skills and have fun, all while improving the health of our community!
How to Enroll:
To qualify as a Food Bank Volunteer, applicants must be at least 16 years of age and submit to a background verification.
Getting involved is as easy as taking 4 simple steps:
- RSVP for our Virtual Volunteer Information Session at the following link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfSPW3jTSE1VErUrAcgTpJA9fQpo-DGMDmFWzrF1XyW1WY9VA/viewform
- Visit our website at: http://www.linchousing.org/volunteer and complete the online application
- You will be contacted within days to schedule an orientation appointment.
- Attend a virtual orientation where you will meet staff, be given an introduction to LINC and the responsibilities of its volunteers.
- You will be contacted after orientation for placement in the activity of your choice.
For more information, please contact Asia Bogan at email@example.com
About LINC Housing
3590 Elm Avenue, Long Beach, CA 90807, US
Linc provides affordable housing for people underserved by the marketplace. Our communities are known for excellent design, outstanding management and life-enhancing services.
Linc Housing builds, owns, and operates affordable housing for low-income families and seniors throughout California. Our resident services department provides life-enhancing services to residents. Our staff members teach and collaborate with nearby agencies to facilitate classes and activities that cover health, exercise, financial literacy, after-school care, ESL, computer skills, crafts, volunteer opportunities, social events, and field trips to experience science, nature, and the arts.
Check us out!
Facebook - www.facebook.com/LINCCaresCA
Instagram - @LINC_Cares
Somerset Glen Apartments13380 Hillsborough DrLa Mirada, CA 90638
August 18, 2021
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Food Service
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Every Wednesday from 10AM-2PM
- MUST BE ABLE TO LIFT 25 POUNDS