Volunteer Engagement Manager
Position Description: The Volunteer Engagement Manager is responsible for growing the sense of community between the volunteers of Minds Matter Boston. The Volunteer Engagement Manager will develop, plan, and attend events for mentors and the Volunteer Leadership Team. This position reports to the Executive Director.
Position Requirements & Responsibilities:
● Design and execute small events/activities throughout the program year for all mentors and Volunteer Leadership Team.
● Self starter; ability to conceive of new, fun activities for mentors and Volunteer Leaders with all interests.
● Passion for event planning and strong organizational skills.
● Enthusiastic and vibrant; ability to rally other folks and get them excited about attending events, networking with new people!
● Connector; attend events and help foster connectivity by introducing volunteers to one another.
● Post weekly on slack to spur discussions.
● Develop regular social media content ideas (in collaboration with Social Media Manager) re: upcoming events and other initiatives, volunteer spotlights, etc.
About MINDS MATTER
101 Prospect Avenue, CLEVELAND, OH 44115, US
Minds Matter connects driven and determined high school students from low-income families with the people, preparation, and possibilities to succeed in college, create their future, and change the world.
We equip high school students with the tools to gain acceptance to and graduate from a four-year university with minimal to no tuition cost burden by providing them critical resources - such as mentoring, tutoring, SAT and ACT test preparation, summer academic programs, and financial aid application assistance - to ensure both college access and success. Through our efforts, we help our students develop into tomorrow's leaders. We introduce them to a world of opportunity outside their neighborhoods and comfort zones. Minds Matter believes that no student dedicated to earning a college education should be limited by socioeconomic status.
101 West Prospect AvenueCleveland, OH 44114
August 4, 2021
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- ● 1-2 hours per week planning and coordinating events during the program year. ● 2-3 hours per month attending events - can be after Saturday sessions or other times throughout the week / weekend.