Volunteer Tour Guide
Armed with a friendly smile and a barrel full of firsthand knowledge, the volunteers at Miss Laura's Visitor Center aim to make visitors feel welcome and informed about all there is to do and see in Fort Smith, Arkansas, and the surrounding area!
As a volunteer at Miss Laura's (the official visitor center of Fort Smith) you will greet visitors and provide guided tours of the building, as well as details about area activities, accommodations, events, and other areas of visitor interest.
- Desire to share your love for Fort Smith and Arkansas with visitors.
- Always-on enthusiastic, friendly and welcoming personality.
- Comfortable with guiding tours of Miss Laura's (training is provided) and standing/walking for intermittent periods of time.
- Willingness to commit to at least one 3.5 hour volunteer shift per week.
- Meeting and becoming great friends with other volunteers.
- Meeting visitors and new residents from around the world.
- Enhancing the visitor experience within your local community.
- Volunteer appreciation events.
- Mornings (Mon-Sat) from 9 AM to 12:30 PM
- Afternoons (Mon-Sat) from 12:30 PM to 4 PM
- Sunday Afternoons from 1:30 PM-4:30 PM
09:00 AM to 12:30 PM
Morning shift volunteers needed Monday-Saturday. Volunteers can choose one or more shifts based on availability.
12:30 PM to 04:00 PM
Afternoon shift volunteers needed Monday-Saturday. Volunteers can choose one or more shifts based on availability.
01:30 PM to 04:30 PM
Sunday afternoon shift. Volunteers can also choose one or more weekday or Saturday shifts if desired.
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Miss Laura's Visitor Center
2 N. B St., Fort Smith, AR 72901, US
Miss Laura's Visitor Center aims to provide interpretive and educational information to the visiting public within Fort Smith and the surrounding area.
Miss Laura's is famed for its colorful history as the grandest bordello in The Old West and is the first former bordello to be listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Today, it serves as a local heritage museum and official Visitor Center of Fort Smith, Arkansas. Fully restored to its original grandeur, Miss Laura's Visitor Center is a prominent symbol of the city's boisterous past that is open 7-days-per-week for FREE, guided tours thanks to our incredible volunteer tour guides/destination ambassadors.
2 North B StreetFort Smith, AR 72901
August 4, 2021
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- At least one shift (3.5 hours) per week.