Event and Development Intern
A Precious Child seeks a dynamic self-starter to assist with event planning efforts. Under the direction of the Events Director, interns will observe and assist with various projects assigned by the Development Department. This is an outstanding opportunity for an individual interested in learning more about nonprofit fundraising and event planning. The internship offers exciting, hands-on experience and the opportunity to gain new skills. *Note that this internship is on-site at our HQ in Broomfield, CO, as A Precious Child is designated as an essential organization, as were on the frontlines, providing emergency essentials, such as hygiene items, cleaning supplies, diapers and wipes, clothing and other basic needs to children and families in need.
- Work with the development team to successfully, efficiently and cohesively plan A Precious Child’s signature events, as well as third party fundraising events;
- Update and manage guest registration, seating information and related data entry for signature events;
- Assist with securing, picking up and packaging silent auction items, as well as managing the silent auction website;
- Procure and organize supplies for events;
- Assist with day of event logistics including set up, check in and clean up;
- Assist with donor or guest acknowledgement and follow-up;
- Create and implement third-party events calendar and assist with managing these events onsite as schedule allows;
- Attend weekly team meetings, monthly all staff meeting and event planning meetings as schedule allows;
- Other duties as assigned;
- Undergraduate or graduate student working toward a degree with an interest in non-profit development, project management or event planning;
- Dynamic self-starter who takes initiative, highly reliable;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; polished and professional, with outstanding phone etiquette;
- Must be computer literate, including internet research experience, as well as proficient in Microsoft Office products, including excel, word and powerpoint;
- Previous intern experience with fundraising or event planning is a plus;
- Self-motivated, excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, detail-oriented, ability to multitask, prioritize and meet deadlines;
- Must work well under pressure and remain calm and collected in stressful situations;
- Possess a can-do, positive attitude and be willing to roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to get the job done;
- Enthusiasm for the mission of A Precious Child and the children and families we serve;
Position open until filled; Internship positions available spring, summer and fall semesters.
Hours: 15-20 hours/week.
Compensation: This position is an unpaid, academic internship.
How to apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to YvetteRedwood@apreciouschild.org, with the subject line Events and Development Intern Application.
About A Precious Child, Inc.
557 Burbank Street, Unit E, Broomfield, CO 80020, US
A Precious Child, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that provides children in need with opportunities and resources to empower them to achieve their full potential. A Precious Child envisions a future where every child grows up to be a secure, self-reliant, contributing member of their community.
A Precious Child assists children and families facing difficult life challenges such as abuse and neglect, crisis situations, and poverty. We work with more than 300 agency partners throughout eight counties which include Adams, Arapahoe, Boulder, Broomfield, Denver, Douglas, Jefferson, and Weld Counties to identify children and families in the most need of our services. Our core initiatives help build the whole child, in addition to meeting basic human needs through our Resource Center and Boutiques (satellite resource centers), we also help children and their families navigate community resources.
We aim to bridge the gap in a child’s education so that they can become a secure, self-reliant, contributing member of their community as adults.
7051 W. 118th AvenueBroomfield, CO 80020
August 4, 2021
- Event Planning / Management
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Monday-Friday 9:00-5:00. Flexible schedule