16 people are interested
Digital Marketing Volunteer - Youth Program position
16 people are interested
Digital Marketing and Social Media Volunteer
Hours of work: minimum of 5 hours per week
At slavefreetrade, we believe in the importance of activating the youth to fight social injustices. Because of this, slavefreetrade has created a Youth Program dedicated to making information about human rights in the workplace accessible to the Youth.
And how do we do that? Through social media campaigns and events designed to create a movement and inspire young people to demand a world where everything is made in freedom.
That is why we are looking for motivated and eager volunteers with a background in digital marketing to support our international and talented team in creating successful social media campaigns.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Imagining, developing and delivering creative social media strategies directed at different age-groups within the youth. We need to know our audience and adapt our content to reach and engage with young people everywhere.
- Analyzing current trends and evaluate campaigns to make our work as effective as it can be.
- Contributing to the creation of a social media content calendar which will allow the younger generations to engage with the Youth Program via social media.
- Partnering with other teams within the NGO to manage the Youth Program’s presence on different social media channels.
What we offer:
- Huge impact. The Youth Program is working to build a community of young allies ready to advance change for a world that is respectful and compliant with human rights.
- Creative freedom. We have a very strong message to convey, and you will be free to choose how to. Be creative and use your imagination to envision and implement a brand for the Youth Program.
- Full responsibility. From day one, you will be part of the team, trusted to take responsibility for your tasks. You will have every incentive to make a real impact!
- International reach. Although slavefreetrade is based in Switzerland, our audience is very international, and so is our team.
- Unique career opportunity. You’ll be surrounded by experts, leaders, and innovators. Your team will be made of an international network and a community that spans across the whole world.
- Remote working and flexible hours. This is not a "clock in, clock out" NGO. We care about giving the youth a voice in a conversation typically dominated by adults, not tracking any minute you spend trying to do that. It is up to you to always be responsible for your work, regardless of where you are in the world or what schedule you are following.
What we are looking for:
- Relevant education. You are studying, or have obtained a degree, in: Digital Marketing, Marketing, Advertising, Communications, or related fields. Previous experience in remote volunteering is desirable.
- Excellent communication skills. Your job is to devise an effective strategy for communicating our vision to the rest of the world. As a result, you must be able to convey all pertinent information in the most impactful manner possible. Your exceptional empathy and common sense will be beneficial.
- Passion for the field. You have a strong interest in human rights and get really excited by using social-media to make your voice heard.
- Initiative. Once you understand the scope of a project, you can work independently, often coming up with inventive ways to achieve your objectives. Furthermore, you are constantly exploring the world around you in search of new ideas and opportunities.
- Time management skills. Due to the nature of the Youth Program, we work in a dynamic environment which requires being able to manage multiple priorities and the ability to work in a multinational team.
- Proficiency in English. Effective communication is one of the key aspects of this job, hence why fluency in English is required. Any additional language is considered an advantage.
Are you ready to let your creativity flow and want to commit at least 5 hours per week to support the Youth Program at slavefreetrade in its mission? Apply as a volunteer now by sending your CV and a short motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org. If selected for the further selection progress, you’ll be contacted so that we can get to know your style and design!
P.S.: sending examples of your previous work in digital marketing and social media campaigning is welcome!
Chemin de la Rochette, Geneva, 1202, CH
A World Made in Freedom; to deliver human rights to workplaces globally.
slavefreetrade, n, /sleɪvfriːtreɪd / a Swiss NGO founded in November 2018 to eliminate modern slavery from workplaces. This is done by proving decent work in real time, all the time. Our goal is that by 2030, one third of the world’s working population will be protected by slavefreetrade.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
August 4, 2021
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Graphic Design / Print
- Social Media / Blogging
- 5 hours per week is a minimum