DONATE TO THIS
8 people are interested
Digital Media Internship
DONATE TO THIS
8 people are interested
One Cool Earth is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to create school gardens that power happy, healthy, smart youth. We believe that every child deserves a place to grow, and we need your help to do it!
The Digital Media Intern will be a much needed extra set of hands to our Communications Manager. The intern’s primary roles are to help create content that will support spreading our reach, improving our online presence, and making a more cohesive brand. This content should present One Cool Earth in a professional and engaging way. On top of daily duties, the Internship project will be to develop a "brand kit" for future use by the OCE team.
- Create and edit high-quality content for all of our social media platforms
- Seamlessly improve the quality of our Facebook, Instagram, and Fundraising content
- Improve our online metrics and engagement
- Bring in your experience to help us streamline our brand
- Create a Brand Kit that will be a lasting resource for future interns or staff
- Self-start and complete projects when expected
- Within your time commitment, only take on projects you know you can start and finish before they are needed
- Take the lead in scheduling your hours and working efficiently during your scheduled time
- Help out where it is needed
- As a nonprofit, we all help out with many tasks that may be outside our official "job description". We are looking for someone who is willing to help when things pop up occasionally!
- This may include helping at a family cooking night or being a helping hand in the garden. We believe getting hands on will help to improve your experience and connect you to the mission of the organization.
Our Internship Offers You:
- Nonprofit Experience- Nonprofits function differently than for-profit businesses. This opportunity will give you a look inside the nonprofit world and you can decide if it is something you would like to pursue in the future.
- Content Development- You will have something to show for your work and add to your portfolio after you are finished with the internship!
- Communications Skills - A virtual internship requires a high level of communication among the team to stay in the loop, on top of scheduling, and set expectations for projects and deadlines.
- Leadership Experience - This is a great opportunity to prove your ability to self-start and make a lasting impact on an organization. The right person will take the lead on many technology projects and be an essential part of our team.
- Learning Opportunity - Better understand the major issues and trends facing today’s youth. From healthy eating and exercise, to academics and environmental issues, OCE works with communities using best-practices and evidence-based programming to create meaningful, lasting change.
- Commitment to One Cool Earth’s vision and mission
- Demonstrated communications and interpersonal skills, able to work with people of diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds
- Experience with digital media creation and social media marketing required. Graphic design experience is a plus.
- Creative, flexible and hard-working; able to manage your commitments responsibly
- Enjoy learning new things and challenging yourself
- Orientation and Training: Interns will participate in training that will orient you to our culture and provide a knowledge-base to draw upon throughout your internship and beyond. Ongoing training will occur during the period of the internship as needed.
- Schedule: 5 hours/week that can be scheduled whenever it works for you
- Duration: 3- 6 month commitment based on your goals and needs. Start Date Flexible.
- We are pleased to write letters of recommendation upon successful completion of the internship!
Email Eviek @ onecoolearth.org to apply. Please include your resume. Please also provide a brief description of your experience with social media management and digital media creation, and why you are interested in a service-based internship with One Cool Earth.
About ONE COOL EARTH
PO BOX 150, SAN LUIS OBISPO, CA 93406, US
Every child deserves a place to grow.
We create awesome school garden programs that power healthy, happy and smart youth! Our organization builds gardens in elementary and middle schools all over the county, and teaches hands-on earth science lessons as wells healthy eating habits. Our goal is to support thriving school garden programs at all 43 elementary schools in San Luis Obispo County by 2020.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
September 15, 2021
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Graphic Design / Print
- Social Media / Blogging
- 5 hours per week. 3-6 month commitment.