3 people are interested
Help a Senior in Need by Delivering Hot Meals
3 people are interested
One in four seniors lives alone, and nearly 9.5 million seniors in America are threatened by hunger. Here in Volusia County, more than 250 screened and trained volunteers, many of whom have been with COA for several years, deliver nutritious meals to local seniors, working tirelessly to promote good nutrition, health, and independence while providing critical social interaction and wellbeing checks.
While most Meals on Wheels clients use the program on a long-term or permanent basis, home-delivered meals are also available on a short-term basis for those people in temporary situations (recovering at home from surgery, etc.). As funding is available, qualified seniors are eligible for meal services at no charge or with a modest co-payment. We love our amazing volunteers who help us to feed seniors in our communities with their dedication and willingness to drive and help when and where they can. We couldn't do this without people like you!
- Flexible schedule. We will work with you, you can volunteer as little as one day a month to as much as five days a week.
- Bring a friend. You can can signup with a spouse, partner or friend and deliver a route together.
- Not sure if it's a good fit for you? We can schedule a shadow date so you can see first hand what the volunteer position involves before making a commitment.
- Mileage Reimbursement Available. Be comfortable in your own vehicle and choose to donate your mileage or be reimbursed for it.
*Meals On Wheels Drivers must have a valid Driver's License, auto insurance and pass a background check. We also welcome kitchen help for those who choose not or are not able to drive. Have questions? Feel free to call us at 386-253-4700 ext. 239
- 10:30 AM to 12:30 PM
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About Council On Aging of Volusia County
420 Fentress Blvd., Daytona Beach, FL 32114, US
COA is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing services that enable Volusia County seniors to maintain their independence and remain in their own homes. .
The Council On Aging of Volusia County is a private not-for-profit agency providing services to promote the health, safety and productivity of all residents of Volusia County, Florida. Its clients are primarily, but not limited to, those citizens over the age of 60 and their families. The individual programs of the Council On Aging are directed to the twin goals of personal self-sufficiency and independent living.
Multiple locations Daytona Beach, FL 32114
August 4, 2021
- Food & Beverage Services
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Food Service
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Two hours or more a month
- Ability to lift and carry up to 20 lbs.