DONATE TO THIS
2 people are interested
Recruitment Coordinator - Postings (Virtual)
DONATE TO THIS
2 people are interested
Recruitment Coordinator - Postings
Making Dallas a No-Kill city is a big job and as a volunteer-based organization, we need a lot of great volunteers to do it. As a Volunteer Administrator, you will support our recruitment functions with the day-to-day to ultimately ensure our volunteers and applicants have everything they need for a rewarding experience with DPA.
**To be considered, please complete our official volunteer application at https://dallaspetsalive.org/volunteer/volunteer-application/
Reports to: The Assistant Director of Recruitment, along with our Volunteer Director.
Works with: Will have regular contact virtually or over the phone with Volunteer team members and the Leadership Team.
- Posting/editing/removing opportunities as needed on external volunteer websites (VolunteerMatch, Voly, etc.) providing updates to Leadership Team
- Managing and coordinating files in the Volunteer Team Google Drive (re-organizing files about our volunteers, agreements, volunteer applications, position descriptions, etc.)
- Review position descriptions to ensure accuracy of information and consistency of formatting
- Communicating with other volunteers across all of DPA about information on file (i.e. ensuring accuracy of volunteer lists by team)
- Contribute ideas to enhance the recruitment process
- Support expansion of volunteer capacity and engagement, allowing Dallas Pets Alive! to grow and save more animals
- Assisting with any other duties needed to help drive Dallas Pets Alive!’s mission and values
- Must not have conflicting associations with similar non-profit organizations or business(es) related to animal welfare
- High School diploma/equivalent required
- Must be able to work virtually with regular access to PC/email and experience with Google Suite
- Must be very organized with keen attention to detail
- Proactivity with excellent follow-through
- Related administrative, Human Resources, or recruiting support experience, a plus!
Dallas Pets Alive! Musts:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to maintain professional level correspondence at all times
- A motivational, can-do attitude to represent Dallas Pets Alive! In a positive manner to our supporters and the general public
- A problem-solving mindset to handle and diffuse challenging situations in a professional manner
- A love for animals and dedication to the cause of animal welfare
Time Commitment: 2-3 hours, flexible throughout the week
About Dallas Pets Alive!
11700 Preston Road Suite 660, Dallas, TX 75230, US
At Dallas Pets Alive, our mission is to promote and provide the resources, education and programs needed to eliminate the killing of companion animals. We take an innovative approach to animal rescue and believe in creating a paradigm shift in the way our community views animal rescue. Adoption is not only the right thing to do but THE thing to do. OUR GOAL: To one day make all of North Texas No-Kill
Our organization is run mostly by volunteers, and all of our pets are housed by dedicated foster families throughout North Texas.
We rescue and help the healthy and treatable pets at greatest risk for euthanasia at our partner shelters. We also provide assistance and resources to pet owners having problems so significant that they need to surrender their pets to a shelter.
We strongly value diversity, inclusion, and our volunteers who each play a valuable role in our mission! We believe in developing volunteers who would like to gain additional experience, make a difference, and positively influence the community with their unique interests, skills, and experience.
We are implementing innovative and progressive programs in North Texas. We are currently focused on helping the healthy and treatable pets who are at risk of being killed in the Dallas Animal Services, by rescuing the pets that are at the greatest risk and helping owners who are having problems so great that they need to surrender their pet(s) to a shelter. Additionally, We focus solely on pets who have already been passed over by other groups and the Dallas Animal Services’ adoption programs that only take the healthy and treatable pets who are about to be killed and have no other options.
Please visit our website for additional information and learn on how you can become a partner in rescuing animals.
Instagram & Twitter: @dallaspetsalive
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
September 16, 2021
- Administrative Support
- Basic Computer Skills
- Google Apps
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Time Commitment: 2-3 hours, flexible throughout the week