We are a volunteer-run, non-profit organization that depend on folks like you! We are always striving to grow to better serve our community. One way we hope to do so is to find sources of income, like grants. This will allow for goals like providing free memberships to the community, increased access to the space for support groups, supporting local artists, etc. By helping us with grant writing, you will help to further these goals and ensure that our grassroots organization continues to be a beacon in the community.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About LAVENDER LIBRARY ARCHIVES CULTURAL EXCHANGE OF SACRAMENTO INC
1414 21ST STREET, SACRAMENTO, CA 95811, US
We are a hub of learning and connection for Sacramento’s LGBTQ+ community.
The Lavender Library is an all-volunteer-run lending library, archive and community space with LGBTQ+ books, films and more.
- We value inclusivity - creating a safe and accessible place for all people to be comfortable in, allowing honesty and authenticity.
- We value community - connecting people and organizations, building relationships and partnerships, providing space and support for events.
- We value social justice - taking a stand to support non-dominant populations and historically marginalized groups (specifically QPOC), promoting nonviolent resistance, awareness and activism
- We value LGBTQ+ stories - local, national, and international history, books and magazines, video and audio recordings, oral histories, storytelling, archives
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
August 17, 2021
- Reading / Writing
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Grant Writing / Research
- We are looking to find someone who is willing to put in as much work as possible to help us apply for grants.
- Excellent writing skills and support of our Mission, Vision, and Values;