Be a Visual Story Teller for the Red Cross
Purpose: Visual Story Tellers assist the Red Cross in delivering its mission by taking and sharing photos and/or video to showcase the Red Cross at work, both in disaster and non-disaster times.
- Collaborate with Communications Leadership to identify and carry out ways to tell the Red Cross story visually
- Take photos and/or video at events, trainings and disasters in accordance with Red Cross brand standards
- Capture portraits, candids and/or studio shots to tell the Red Cross story of service delivery
- Cull, edit, caption and upload your photos/video to online sharing accounts; share select photos in a timely manner (typically same day or within 24 hours) with chapter/regional communications leadership and the social media team
- Share photos/video on social media, when appropriate
- Coordinate with chapter social media leads to share your team's videos and photos on social media or Red Cross sites.
- Treat all clients, volunteers and partners with dignity and respect - always obtaining required photo releases.
- Organize and deliver photo/video documentation, captions, quotes and photo releases.
- Work with communications team to identify daily priorities to share visual story.
- Deploy to the scene to seek out opportunities for photos/videos
NOTE: Photographers and Videographers must have their own equipment and editing software. Portfolios will be requested during the interview. Links to digital portfolios are acceptable
About American Red Cross - Texas Gulf Coast Region
2700 Southwest Fwy, Houston, TX 77098, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors. La Cruz Roja Americana previene y alivia el sufrimiento humano frente a emergencias movilizando el poder de los voluntarios y la generosidad de los donantes.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether its one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
Multiple locations Lufkin, TX 75901
August 3, 2021
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Social Media / Blogging
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Typically 12-16 hours per month - flexible and dependent on individual projects and local disaster responses. May be 4-8 hours per day during disasters.