Trans Empowerment Project communicates with our clients and supporters through various channels, several of which are private "groups" on platforms like Facebook and other digital software. We are looking for moderators to help us engage with the folks in these groups.
Moderators will be expected to do the following:
- Look for volunteers and volunteer leaders within each group with whom we can build relationships.
- Listen for and amplify the experiences of others to create more visibility for the program that they’re working with.
- Feel empowered to conduct group research by asking questions, sending out polls, and surveys to their group(s) to ID group & community needs on behalf of the organization.
- Establish their own goals
- Work with the organization to create strategic content for the group(s) they are supporting to strengthen the relationships between the organization and their target audience(s).
- Moderators should be posting a minimum of 3-5 posts/wk
- Moderators should be working with TEP leadership to figure out their strategies for content and overall growth
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good listener
- Strong verbal skills
- Ability to create comfort and trust within your group
- Strong organizational skills
About TRANS EMPOWERMENT PROJECT
P.O. Box 11866, KNOXVILLE, TN 37939, US
The mission of Trans Empowerment Project is to elevate trans and gender non-conforming communities, particularly trans people of color, out of crisis and into empowerment through action, advocacy, and resource-building.
Founded in 2016 by an Afro-Latinx trans man, Trans Empowerment Project has helped over 1200 trans and gender non-conforming people connect with the resources they need. We provide a wide range of programs and services to folks in these communities, with a particular focus on trans people of color, and we have continued to expand to address new problems as they arise.
Our programs and services include:
- inTRANSitions - emergency response program that can help clients with food, clothing, HRT assistance, or transportation away from abusive/non-affirming situations. This is usually accomplished within 24 hours of the client's first contact.
- Trans Employment Project - program that aims to connect trans job seekers with inclusive employers. We help clients put together resumes, prepare for interviews, and connect with potential employers. We also work with companies to help them craft more inclusive non-discrimination policies.
- Help for Allied Loved Ones (H.A.L.O) - a program designed to provide support and education to folks who want to be a better ally to a trans or gender non-conforming loved one.
- Inmate Advocacy - this program works with incarcerated trans folks to ensure they have access to our resources.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
August 27, 2021
- Group Facilitation
- Community Outreach
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- 5-10 hours a week.