Public Relations Manager
If you're looking for additional experience, you should trying working for a non-profit. At Abuse Refuge Org, we grant you every opportunity to further develop your skillsets, cross-train, lead and excel within your chosen vocation. This is a volunteer position, however it will give you valuable work experience while helping to further our efforts of helping victims of abuse.
***This is a volunteer position that could convert to a full-time salaried position with
Company Description: Abuse Refuge Org (ARO) is a nonprofit 501(c)(3). We focus our best efforts and practices to assist and help those abused by aiding in 7 major areas of abuse to include: Sexual, Physical, Narcissistic, Psychological, Financial, Child, and Self-abuse.Job Summary:
To communicate the purposes and philosophy of the organization to the community-at-large and, specifically, to potential clients, employees, volunteers and donors, by making effective use of a variety of approaches.Supervisory Responsibilities:
- Oversees the day-to-day workflow of the department.
- Works with the Agency Director and the Board to perfect a vision statement defining the purposes and philosophy of the organization.
- Works with the Director and the Board to develop a strategic long-range plan consistent with the vision statement. Analyzes appropriate ways to bring this message to the various target groups.
- Plans effective use of media through press releases and participation in community activities.
- Organizes activities to recruit new volunteers and events designed to reward faithful volunteers.
- Prepares written material to support fund-raising efforts.
- Researches potential sources of grant money and works with the director to prepare grant proposals.
- Works to minimize damage from any type of immediate problem by utilizing principles of crisis management.
- Ability to communicate persuasively, both orally and in writing.
- Good judgment, creativity and an enthusiastic attitude.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective personal relationships.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution with a degree in a related field such as marketing, journalism, communications or English.
- At least 5 years of public relations experience.
- Accreditation by a professional society such as the Public Relations Society of America is desirable but not required.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
Abuse Refuge Org is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We support the LGBTQ-IA+ community and the disabled communities.
About ABUSE REFUGE INC
470 Olde Worthington Road, Suite 200, Westerville, OH 43082, US
Abuse Refuge Org is poised to be the definitive leader in the Abuse Care Industry. Ours is to "Breathe Life". We strive to grant victims clarity of their past and the present as well as to the many and multiple Abused Victims so they can proceed with their futures "Scot Free" from their woes and their tortures. We advance these victims closer and closer towards recovery. We look at the whole person well being, protection, therapy, and outcome.
To penetrate and overwhelm every aspect, from recognition, treatment, staffing, and guidance within the Abuse Care Industry. Further, our goal is to standardize "Whole personal conceptual treatment" throughout the Abuse Care Industry and to further develop a recognized and respected path to wellness. Ours is not to reinvent the wheel rather identify the metrics, reorient the existing components and define an ameliorated journey towards recovery and wellness.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
September 13, 2021
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Public Relations
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Orientation or Training
- 25+ Hours/Week