Newsletter Coordinator ~ Mailchimp
Are you inspired by organizing, writing, gathering content, layout and editing? Do you thrive building awareness and engagement? Are you excited to put your skills, talents and savvy to good use in your local community? If so, then this volunteer opportunity is for you!
Courageous Connections brings humans and horses together to empower participants with physical, cognitive and emotional challenges towards achieving their individual goals. In short, we create magic by bringing people from all backgrounds and walks of life together to experience the healing power of horses.
We are currently seeking a seasoned and talented volunteer to coordinate all aspects of our newsletter and its distribution via Mailchimp. This special volunteer opportunity is for someone who enjoys community engagement, expanding reach, increasing distribution and increasing knowledge related to equine assisted learning and therapy.
Excited and ready to take the next step??
All the details are below and we highly suggest that you visit us at www.courageous-connections.org so that you understand more about this wonderful organization you are about to be a part of. You can also get to know us via Facebook at www.facebook.com/courageousconnections/
Commitment - Courageous Connections
Approximately 3 hours per week with a minimum 1 year commitment (because we’re investing in each other). Intention is quarterly publication so lots of control time and schedule.
This is a highly visible leadership position that enables you to play a pivotal role in communicating mission and in supporting the voice of this amazing organization. You will work hand in hand with our dynamic team at Courageous Connections and have the opportunity to help guide communication strategies. You will work across volunteer teams such as social media and website as well as working directly with the board.
Desired skills and qualities (What we want)
- Possess excellent writing and communication skills.
- Familiarity with MailChimp and Canva.
- Someone who orients to possibility and thinks outside the box.
- Is up to date on the latest communication trends.
- Passionate about researching.
- Ability to work across teams engaging website and social media teams as needed.
- Works collaboratively on teams, is comfortable working remotely and keeps the 'fun’ in the work
What we offer (What you get)
- Regular communication with the Executive Director and various board members.
- Connection to a team dedicated volunteers who bring all their talents and abilities to further the mission and vision of Courageous Connections.
- Application of your skills and leadership allowing you to take it to the next level.
- Opportunity to participate in various facets of the business to grow your skills in a safe environment.
- The satisfaction of working for a one-of-a-kind organization that is doing incredible work promoting outdoor experiences through equine assisted learning and therapies.
- Immersion in a community dedicated to inclusion, diversity and kindness.
If you are interested and would like more information, please email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you’re ready to apply please apply www.courageous-connections.org/volunteer-form.
About Courageous Connections
13126 11th Ave NE, Marysville, WA 98271, US
To promote the physical and emotional development of people of all ages and abilities through safe, therapeutic, outdoor experiences.
We are excited to have completed our therapeutic riding program for the Summer Session and have now started our Fall Session. We hope to expand our program over the coming months which is dependent on volunteers! One look at the expressions on our riders faces as they work with horses is all volunteers need to see to fully understand the impact and significance of these encounters. The most frequent and compelling feedback we receive from our volunteers is that they get as much out of the experience as the rider does!
No horse experience is required! We serve people of all ages!
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
August 3, 2021
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Market Research / Analysis
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Project Management
- 3 hours per week on average