2 people are interested
Special Events Manager
ORGANIZATION: Accessibility Bridge Corporation
Please visit the new page to apply.
2 people are interested
The Special Events Manager leads the planning and coordination of fundraising events for the organization.
- Plans and coordinates special fundraising events, including the management of vendors, donors, and volunteers that support the events, and successfully leads the event the day-of, meeting budget and expectations.
- Leads the Special Events Planning Committee, which supports the special events planning and execution.
- Manages any virtual/online additions to the event
- Supports the Executive Director in developing and implementing an annual action plan for special fundraising events, including outlining resources and budget needed to support events.
- Evaluates the special events (resource and planning compared with the fundraising achieved) and communicates assessments to the Executive Director.
- Works with the Communications/social media/Program Teams for the development of any materials or communications to support special events activities.
- Promotes a positive and professional relationship with vendors, donors, and volunteers, in alignment with the mission of Accessibility Bridge Corporation.
3 More opportunities with Accessibility Bridge Corporation
About Accessibility Bridge Corporation
4660 Crain Hwy, #1622, White Plains, MD 20695, US
The mission of Accessibility Bridge Corporation, a 501 (c) 3 organization, is to promote inclusion and create access for children and adults with disabilities in all areas of their communities. We are a volunteer-run organization that provides wraparound supports to people with disabilities who are seeking higher levels of independence and inclusion in the areas of education, independent living, employment, athletics, and social skills. We do this by partnering with and supporting communities and organizations to help them build their knowledge and capacity to support people with disabilities by developing programming, implementation plans, data collection and monitoring systems that will improve desirable outcomes in inclusive settings.
Dee Sapp, founder and Executive Director of Accessibility Bridge has a son with an intellectual impairment and autism. There were many obstacles and barriers created by people, systems & programs that lacked both the empathy and knowledge it took to instruct and interact with a person with different abilities. The "one size fits all" approach to services and assistance proved more of a detriment than as support.
Believing that her son deserved equitable opportunities for an independent and successful life, she sought meaningful & accommodating ways for him to thrive. Researching programs, schools, employers, and therapists she learned that there's a world of inclusive communities that her son could tap into if she was willing to let him leave the "comfort" of his current community in order to experience it. Therefore, Accessibility Bridge Corporation was formed.
Disability has moved from a physical or medical perspective to one that incorporates a person’s physical, social, & intellectual background. Strides are being made to make the world more accessible for people with disabilities; but, more work is required to meet their needs.
We address areas of inclusion & equity for PWD relating to community development, education, healthcare, athletics, social systems, employment, and accessibility. Our signature programs operate nationally: Crossing Bridges, Mentoring, Brick 44 Athletic Initiative, and Educational Equity. We have other community-based programs such as our Winter’s Closet and Food Pantry.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
January 25, 2023
- Event Planning / Management
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Must be at least 21
- 5-10 hours a week during and surrounding special events [1-2 special events annually]
- • Excellent written & oral communication skills. • Organized, good time management • Collaborative • Committed to the mission of Accessibility Bridge Corporation and Must be located within the US