1 person is interested
Project Manager / Event Coordinator
1 person is interested
Junior Project Manager / Event Coordinator Description
You’re an organized, calm, and professional person who can turn their hand to any task. You’ll be able to manage a range of projects like you’re conducting an orchestra, keeping all parts moving effectively and efficiently. You’ll be able to deal with multiple conflicting duties at the same time, spinning plates with the best of them. Most of all, you have a passion for improving the lives of African American Males.
You’re a planner like no other, an organizer of the highest order and able to keep operations and projects running smoother than butter. You’ll be able to keep track of things across the organization, be obsessed with details and ensure all deadlines are met.
The Junior Project Manager / Event Coordinator will be a key lynchpin of our organization. Someone who is able to keep things moving. You will have the crucial task of acting as our event coordinator for our annual leadership conference and ensure the operations and planning of this are completed in the best way to ensure a successful event for everyone involved in the program.
Who are we?
We are the Durham Success Summit. A crucially important program providing community awareness, career and leadership development, networking, and mentorship opportunities to young men of color in North Carolina. We have a particular goal based on a very apparent need: that African American males still content with an unacceptable large gap in access to professional advancement and mentorship.
Our program is crucial in filling this gap, with our mentors providing clarity, connection, inspiration, and leadership to cohorts of young men who would otherwise have no access to this form of personal development. We do this through our annual leadership conference which allows us to bring together community professionals, motivational speakers, and industry leaders to develop those key mentor relationships and career exploration opportunities for youth of color.
- You will have responsibility over our flagship, annual leadership conference, serving as our event coordinator
- You will be expected to facilitate weekly team meetings, organizing, and creating the agenda
- You will be responsible for planning bi-weekly social events for program participants including coordinating speaker travel and engagement
- You will be crucial in supporting the successful execution of the run of show by coordinating volunteer responsibilities
- You will be required to track and follow up on important action items across the Durham Success Summit and further be responsible for the distribution of any relevant notes
- You will be important in creating organizational protocol and setting up our systems of work, including event operations and planning
Desired Skills, Attributes and Experience:
- Project management or event coordination experience
- Experience in reporting and presenting information and agendas
- Experience with event planning
- Experience of working alone and directing own and others work
- Experience working and collaborating in a cross-functional environment
- Knowledge of Google Suite, Google Drive, Asana and Slack
- Professional, confident with the ability to manage and deliver outcomes
- Ability to multitask, work at speed and be flexible while driving results
- Ability to work with a wide range of stakeholders
- A real passion for the work and mission of the program
- You must be available at least 10 hours per week (Mon/Thurs/Fri)
- Must be available all day the week of September 12th
What are we offering?
We’re asking you to put a lot into this position, in terms of experience, skills and personality, so we want to offer you a lot in return. First and foremost, we’re offering you an opportunity to be a part of something you care about and to make a real difference in an area you’re passionate about. If you feel aligned with our mission and have a real desire to make positive change to the lives of young African American males then this is for you.
Along with this we offer a great work environment in an exciting start-up non-profit with exciting opportunities for growth and development. We can offer you the opportunity to work with some amazing people, from our coaches and Coordinators to our amazing cohort of students. We offer all the other bells and whistles, office snacks, drinks, fun team outings and have an excellent culture of young, motivated professionals.
So, if you have a passion for our mission and want to get involved then get in touch or if you want to find out more visit us our website or Instagram.
About Durham Success Summit Inc
732 Ninth St 596, Durham, NC 27705, US
We envision a world where young men of color in Durham are able to use their vision, experience, networks and balanced perspective to lead industries and solve society's most difficult challenges industries. The Durham Success Summit returns for its third edition on September 18, 2021 determined to deliver professional development opportunities for young men of color. The Durham Success Summit is helping to level the playing field by empowering college-aged men, 18-24 years old, to take the critical first steps in their unique paths to success.
Since 2019, The Durham Success Summit has helped to level the playing field by empowering more than 200 college-aged men of color take the critical first steps in their unique paths to success. Our one-of-a-kind leadership conference helps to connect the future entrepreneurs, innovators, and leaders of our community with the resources and network to take their goals to the next level.
While success often takes time, our high-impact approach recognizes that even one resource, insight, or connection can make a lifelong difference in helping a young person achieve their dreams.
In 2021, professional advancement should not remain out of reach for young men of color. We know that we can do better, and we know that we must do better. This is going to require creativity, though. At the Durham Success Summit, we are proud to lead the charge, providing opportunities for growth and development in order to set our participants up for long-term success.
The Durham Success Summit is a unique opportunity for us to change our communities from the inside-out, championing those who are ready and eager to succeed. We are forging bonds that will lead to fundamentally different outcomes for all our participants.
732 Ninth St 596DurhamDurham, NC 27705
August 2, 2021
- Event Design & Planning
- Strategic Planning
- Data Entry
- Event Planning / Management
- Project Management