8 people are interested
Communications and Social Media Volunteer
ORGANIZATION: Durham Success Summit Inc
Please visit the new page to apply.
8 people are interested
You’re a creative person who can turn their hand to any piece of writing, you have a strong understanding of social media, especially in planning, creating, and writing engaging content for our audience. You’re tech-savvy and a social media whiz who can help get our message out there. Most of all, you have a passion for improving the lives of African American Males.
The Marketing & Communications volunteer will be the artist through which our message will flow to our social media and print audiences. You’ll be creative, organized and with a key eye for detail, ensuring our message is presented properly to further the aims and goals of our program.
Who are we?
We are the Durham Success Summit. A crucially important program providing community awareness, career and leadership development, networking, and mentorship opportunities to young men of color in North Carolina. We have a particular goal based on a very apparent need: that African American males still content with an unacceptable large gap in access to professional advancement and mentorship.
Our program is crucial in filling this gap, with our mentors providing clarity, connection, inspiration and leadership to cohorts of young men who would otherwise have no access to this form of personal development. We do this through our annual leadership conference which allows us to bring together community professionals, motivational speakers, and industry leaders to develop those key mentor relationships and career exploration opportunities for youth of colour.
- You will have responsibility over the content of our social media channels and be in charge of planning, curating, writing, and designing our content for Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram
- You will be responsible for managing our accounts with discretion and professionalism and ensuring a consistent tone of voice across platforms
- You will be expected to coordinate with a range of vendors including videographers and photographers in order to ensure a timely and quality delivery of DSS assets
- You will be expected to manage the development, distribution and maintenance of our print and electronic collateral including newsletters, brochures, annual report, e-newsletters and the non-profit website
Desired Skills, Attributes and Experience:
- Understanding of the key marketing and communications tools across advertising, print, press, digital, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Good planning skills and a key attention to detail.
- Experience using a range of digital marketing and communications channels e.g. social media, e-comms platforms, website content management systems
- Excellent writing skills, including newsletter and website copy
- Have demonstrable knowledge of Asana and Google Suite
- Knowledge of Buffer, Mailchimp, Canva and Photoshop
- A real passion for the work and mission of the program
What are we offering?
We’re asking you to put a lot into this position, in terms of experience, skills and personality, so we want to offer you a lot in return. First and foremost, we’re offering you an opportunity to be a part of something you care about and to make a real difference in an area you’re passionate about. If you feel aligned with our mission and have a real desire to make positive change to the lives of young African American males then this is for you.
Along with this we offer a great work environment in an exciting start-up non-profit with exciting opportunities for growth and development. We can offer you the opportunity to work with some amazing people, from our coaches and Coordinators to our amazing cohort of students. We offer all the other bells and whistles, office snacks, drinks, fun team outings and have an excellent culture of young, motivated professionals.
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
More opportunities with Durham Success Summit Inc
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Durham Success Summit Inc
732 Ninth St 596, Durham, NC 27705, US
We envision a world where young men of color in Durham are able to use their vision, experience, networks and balanced perspective to lead industries and solve society's most difficult challenges industries. The Durham Success Summit returns for its third edition on September 18, 2021 determined to deliver professional development opportunities for young men of color. The Durham Success Summit is helping to level the playing field by empowering college-aged men, 18-24 years old, to take the critical first steps in their unique paths to success.
Since 2019, The Durham Success Summit has helped to level the playing field by empowering more than 200 college-aged men of color take the critical first steps in their unique paths to success. Our one-of-a-kind leadership conference helps to connect the future entrepreneurs, innovators, and leaders of our community with the resources and network to take their goals to the next level.
While success often takes time, our high-impact approach recognizes that even one resource, insight, or connection can make a lifelong difference in helping a young person achieve their dreams.
In 2021, professional advancement should not remain out of reach for young men of color. We know that we can do better, and we know that we must do better. This is going to require creativity, though. At the Durham Success Summit, we are proud to lead the charge, providing opportunities for growth and development in order to set our participants up for long-term success.
The Durham Success Summit is a unique opportunity for us to change our communities from the inside-out, championing those who are ready and eager to succeed. We are forging bonds that will lead to fundamentally different outcomes for all our participants.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
April 18, 2022
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Website Programming
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Graphic Design
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Social Media / Blogging
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18