Grant Program Intern
To research statewide and regional grant opportunities for both FFEN and local food shelf partners. Develop key grant and proposal supporting documents and templates to be used by grant volunteers. Support the grant cohort and day to day management of grant engagements with food shelves.
- Grant Program Support: Working with grant writer volunteers, staff and food shelf partners to support communications and management of food shelf grant engagements.
- Proposal Development: Develop standard content and framework for grant writer volunteers to support food shelves in approaching local donors with proposals for critical and impactful improvement needs.
- Grant Writing: Support FFEN’s Director of Advancement in researching and writing grant proposals for FFEN that are in alignment with FFEN’s mission and work.
- Gain experience and refine your skills in effective grant research and identification of opportunities for creative funding alignment.
- Develop your ability to craft concise content to convey organizational program work and broader impact.
- Gain experience in grant-writing as well as broader fundraising strategy.
- Engage in opportunities to enhance resume and cover letter writing, networking and interview skills and partake in other professional development opportunities such as networking, workshops and training.
- Comfortable working independently and identifying key data points to capture and document
- Strong data organization skills for capturing research data
- Strong written communication skills
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced, flexible work environment and take initiative to meet broad goals
Time Requirements & Schedule:
- Total Time Requirement: 10-20 hours per week
- Project Start and End Date: Fall 2021 - Specific dates TBD
- Schedule: Flexible - FFEN Office Hours, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
- Work Site: FFEN Offices, 701 North 3 rd Street, Minneapolis, MN 55401; some flexibility to work offsite/at home
- Status: Internship - Monetarily Unpaid
To apply for this internship position, forward your resume and cover letter to : Kristin VanHeel, Director of Advancement, firstname.lastname@example.org.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Foundation For Essential Needs
701 North 3rd Street, Suite 203, Minneapolis, MN 55401, US
Investing dollars and talent into the transformation and sustainability of Minnesota food shelves.
FFEN is a nimble, innovative and entrepreneurial nonprofit investing dollars and practical expertise into improving the financial and operational capacity of Minnesota food shelves. In the rapidly changing hunger relief environment, we offer pragmatic and free assistance to food shelves reinventing themselves to better serve more clients. We operate by building trust-based relationships with local food shelves and support them to incorporate increased business and service best practices in their work. We believe that a strong and stable food shelf system is critical to our communities and our vision is for the system to provide equitable, healthy & predictable food options throughout the state.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
August 2, 2021
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Program Management
- Business Development
- Grant Writing / Research
- 10-20 hours per week.