Empower Seniors to Access Quality Care through Insurance
No one should have to choose between paying for their prescriptions or their rent, but many seniors are in that exact situation. By choosing the right prescription plan that meets their individual needs, seniors can free up income to meet their basic needs - or spoil their grandchildren! JABA's Insurance Counseling volunteer team works to educate local seniors on what prescription plan works for them.
And we need more team members:
- Insurance Counselors work one-on-one with clients onsite to evaluate their prescriptions and what insurance plan will save them the most money.
- Intake Call Specialists are the front-line supporters, answering phones, helping clients understand what type of counselor they need to see, and scheduling appointments.
- Greeters/Receptionists meet clients as they walk in the door (or login to Zoom) and make them feel welcome and comfortable, completing any additional paperwork and connecting them to their counselor.
Each member of our Insurance Counseling Team provides direct and valuable support to our community that has historically saved local seniors millions of dollars on their prescriptions.
Ready to join the team and make an impact? Email email@example.com or call 434-817-5226 to get more information.
Counselors will be onsite; Admins may be onsite or remote; Greeters/Receptionists will be onsite and remote. The location for onsite work is subject to change but will be located within Charlottesville/Albemarle area.
674 Hillsdale Drive, Suite 9, Charlottesville, VA 22901, US
To promote, establish and preserve sustainable communities for healthy aging that benefit individuals and families of all ages.
For almost 35 years, JABA has provided a variety of services to help seniors remain as healthy, active, and independent as possible. Programs include informationand referral, education and advocacy, and direct services such as adult care centers, community centers, senior meal programs, care coordinators, health care and health promotion programs, health insurance counseling, volunteer and employment opportunities, and conflict resolution for people in nursing homes and other long-term health care settings. Jaba believes that aging is a lifelong process, which is most successfully done in intergenerational communities.
674 Hillsdale DriveCharlottesville, VA 22901
August 2, 2021
- Office Reception
- Cost Analysis
- Administrative Support
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- One shift per week at 3-4 hours minimum. Ideally volunteers will sign up for multiple shifts per week.
- All volunteers in the Insurance Dept must go through an interview, background check, and training process. Volunteers cannot be licensed Insurance Agents.