2 people are interested
Mentor a Student in Need - Preschool to Highschool Options
2 people are interested
Gift a students an hour of your time by working with children who need extra support, either emotionally or academically. JABA's FISH (Friends in Schools Helping) Program has supported District 10 in VA for more than 15 years, but we anticipate a greater need this year due to educational impacts of COIVD-19. JABA recruits, screens, & trains adult volunteers to work with students in our local public schools, helping to boost their confidence and success.Details:
- In-Person Options (Tentatively: Public Schools, Preschools, Afterschool Programs)
- Schedule In-Person (during school hours)
- Online Options (Zoom or Google Meet, one-on-one or in small groups)
- Schedule Online (evenings or weekends)
To learn more about FISH or to submit an application, visit https://www.jabacares.org/fish
For more information, contact the Volunteer Services Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
Training is virtual and will be held in mid to late September.
674 Hillsdale Drive, Suite 9, Charlottesville, VA 22901, US
To promote, establish and preserve sustainable communities for healthy aging that benefit individuals and families of all ages.
For almost 35 years, JABA has provided a variety of services to help seniors remain as healthy, active, and independent as possible. Programs include informationand referral, education and advocacy, and direct services such as adult care centers, community centers, senior meal programs, care coordinators, health care and health promotion programs, health insurance counseling, volunteer and employment opportunities, and conflict resolution for people in nursing homes and other long-term health care settings. Jaba believes that aging is a lifelong process, which is most successfully done in intergenerational communities.
Multiple locations Charlottesville, VA 22901
August 2, 2021
- General Education
- Teaching / Instruction
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Youth Services
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Volunteer mentors commit to at least one hour per week for the full academic year. Some mentors choose to donate more time per week (including prep-time).
- All applicants must go through an interview, reference check, background check and confidentiality screening process to ensure the safety of our students.