DONATE TO THIS
3 people are interested
Animal Needs Email Writer (Virtual)
DONATE TO THIS
3 people are interested
Animal Needs Email Writer
Making Dallas a no-kill city is a big job and as a volunteer-based organization, we need a lot of great volunteers to do it. As an Animal Needs Email Writer, you will be responsible for writing and sending out the bi-weekly animals in need email that gets sent to our approved foster families highlighting featured pets in need and current events affecting animal rescue.
To be considered, please be sure to also complete our volunteer application at https://dallaspetsalive.org/volunteer/volunteer-application/
Team: Foster and Rescue
Reports to: Our Foster Director, Our Rescue Director, and Vice President of Animal Operations
Works with: Our Foster, Rescue and Social Teams
- Creating intriguing content that will promote shelter pets in need of fosters
- Ensuring emails are sent in a timely manner and reaches our growing audience
- Ensuring the animals being promoted are approved by DPA and still in need of rescue
- Assisting with any other duties needed to help drive Dallas Pets Alive!’s mission and support our values
- Must have HS diploma or higher degree of education
- Must have access to Mailchimp at least twice per week
- Proficient with the use of email, Google Drive, and Mailchimp
- Intermediate computer skills
- Ability to work within deadlines and manage multiple priorities
- Must not have conflicting associations with similar non-profit organizations or business(es) related to animal welfare
- Ability to draft 1-2 emails weekly targeted at DPA fosters educating them about current needs
- Must have persuasive and creative writing skills calling fosters to action to save pets most in need
- Familiarity with DFW rescue landscape and DPA operations preferred but not required
Dallas Pets Alive! Musts:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to maintain professional level correspondence at all times
- A motivational, can-do attitude to represent Dallas Pets Alive! in a positive manner to our supporters and the general public
- A problem-solving mindset to handle and diffuse challenging situations in a professional manner
- A love for animals and dedication to the cause of animal welfare
Time Commitment: Approximately 3 hours per week
About Dallas Pets Alive!
11700 Preston Road Suite 660, Dallas, TX 75230, US
At Dallas Pets Alive, our mission is to promote and provide the resources, education and programs needed to eliminate the killing of companion animals. We take an innovative approach to animal rescue and believe in creating a paradigm shift in the way our community views animal rescue. Adoption is not only the right thing to do but THE thing to do. OUR GOAL: To one day make all of North Texas No-Kill
Our organization is run mostly by volunteers, and all of our pets are housed by dedicated foster families throughout North Texas.
We rescue and help the healthy and treatable pets at greatest risk for euthanasia at our partner shelters. We also provide assistance and resources to pet owners having problems so significant that they need to surrender their pets to a shelter.
We strongly value diversity, inclusion, and our volunteers who each play a valuable role in our mission! We believe in developing volunteers who would like to gain additional experience, make a difference, and positively influence the community with their unique interests, skills, and experience.
We are implementing innovative and progressive programs in North Texas. We are currently focused on helping the healthy and treatable pets who are at risk of being killed in the Dallas Animal Services, by rescuing the pets that are at the greatest risk and helping owners who are having problems so great that they need to surrender their pet(s) to a shelter. Additionally, We focus solely on pets who have already been passed over by other groups and the Dallas Animal Services’ adoption programs that only take the healthy and treatable pets who are about to be killed and have no other options.
Please visit our website for additional information and learn on how you can become a partner in rescuing animals.
Instagram & Twitter: @dallaspetsalive
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
September 16, 2021
- Administrative Support
- Basic Computer Skills
- Google Apps
- Problem Solving
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+