DONATE TO THIS
5 people are interested
Vice President | Board Member, Academic Outreach, Training and Development
DONATE TO THIS
5 people are interested
To date, research has revealed important and often nuanced distinctions between those trafficked for sex, labor and domestic servitude. Human trafficking is a diverse and complex phenomenon, of which improved data is critical towards identifying methods for successful intervention.
Protect Us Kids Foundation focus centers on child exploitation techniques that leverage technology, data, and the social and human factor. As a non-profit organization, we rely on the invaluable subject matter expertise, global networks, and intelligence-driven resources, which we have learned, if used cohesively, have a shared mission to protect youth worldwide from cyber-related crimes, thereby, allowing them the freedom and security to navigate online.
The Protect Us Kids Foundation (PUK) Academic Outreach, Training and Development Program provide education, awareness and outreach in areas of technology facilitated sex crimes, Internet Safety, and cybersecurity. We also work with organizations to create a cybersecurity posture by providing security awareness and training along from both human and technology driven solutions.
The Academic Outreach, Training & Development Program provides (1) awareness and education to local, national and international communities to help youth and care-givers identify the threats and vulnerabilities associated with sex-related cybercrime in the use of the Internet; (2) empower the global community, to include PUK volunteers, to succeed through education, training and awareness; and (3) provide a positive ROI to companies by providing advisory services in support of Cyber, as well as Information Technology (IT) security awareness and training, that will promote a cyber-security focused culture in order to reduce risk to organizations within the community.
Individual Board Member Responsibilities
We are a volunteer-run organization; thus, we rely on the integrity, guidance and work of our Board members. Board members do not just govern the organization, they lead it.
- Board members are expected to attend monthly board meetings via teleconference.
- Board members are expected to come to meetings prepared to ask questions, make decisions, and to participate actively in committee work.
- Board members will play a role in securing the financial resources necessary for PUK to achieve its mission, including leveraging personal relationships and connections and making a personal financial contribution each year.
- Board members are expected to responsibly represent PUK to their respective communities and to advocate for PUK’s mission and programs as appropriate.
- Board members are expected to help the Board fulfill its fiduciary duties.
Specialized Program Expertise
- Recruit, hire, and train volunteer Directors to execute the Academic Outreach, Training & Development Program, to include teaching the Virtual Outreach Programs. Assess training needs; develop and implement training accordingly.
- Evaluate programs, policies, and procedures and use findings for strategic planning and to improve program effectiveness. Identify issues, and develop alternative solutions which may include changes and extensions to programs, policies and procedures.
- Review and analyze trends to advise and develop recommendations to achieve or modify the goals of the program.
- Develop and oversee budgets of the Academic Outreach, Training & Development program.
- Manage and contribute to the development of PUK’s virtual outreach strategy that may include relationship development, communications and compliance. Coordinate with marketing staff in the development and updating of web and print marketing materials, program information guides, participant and parent information packets, volunteer handbooks, and other related materials.
***Each of our Chairs have volunteers to work with them as a team, and more volunteers can be easily obtained to complete your team, once you identify the needs to complete the building out of your program.
About PROTECT US KIDS FOUNDATION
1629 K St NW, Suite 300, Washington, DC 20006, US
Our mission is to protect youth from being victimized by predators who leverage cyberspace as an international exploitation tactic. We accomplish this by promoting widespread awareness; educating youth about the dangers of cybercrime and providing them with methods of protection; stimulating the development of technology-driven safety solutions; and establishing strategic partnerships with other organizations to identify key indicators that lead to exploitation.
Protect Us Kids Foundation (PUK) is currently researching the behavioral and socioeconomic factors involved in how technology is used to support cyber-related crime against at-risk youth. PUK programs are centered on the unique cultural, behavioral, and societal aspects of underserved, rural and marginalized communities that have afforded criminals an increased opportunity to exploit children leveraging technology. Our programs align to the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) and support global partnership efforts towards combating human trafficking; to include developing critical targeted research of Online Child Sexual Exploitation (OCSE) against youth within this demographic globally.. Our programs include:
- Academic Outreach, Training and Development
- Identity & Data
- Health Affairs and Sexual Assault Advocacy & Outreach
- Public Relations & Communications
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
August 1, 2021
- Teaching / Instruction
- Computer Science
- Community Outreach
- Security / Network Administration
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must attend 1 Board meeting per month.
- Full Position Description Available Upon Request.