DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
Executive Assistant (Volunteer)
DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
(LOCAL VOLUNTEER POSITION ONLY IN THE GREATER LOS ANGELES CA. AREA)
In the position of Executive Assistant, the individual will be working under the Executive Director. The Executive Assistant must be prompt, organized, have interpersonal skills, and be responsible for accomplishing the duties associated with the position. The ideal Executive Assistant will help the Executive Director accomplish future goals and objectives through organizing future meetings, events, information, and research. The Executive Assistant will also serve as the communication’s assistant between the Executive Director and other LCRC leadership staff and other volunteers.
1) Keeping up to date with documents involving schedule, meetings, etc. of the Executive Director.
2) Informing the Executive Director of future meetings, as well as, creating them.
3) Receiving phone calls, emails and other forms of communication on the behalf of the Executive Director.
4) Reading and editing when necessary emails sent out by the Executive Director.
5) The ability to fulfill the instructions from the Executive Director on a task.
6) Being able to conduct research on a topic when necessary.
7) Entering information into technological systems when necessary.
8) Organizing the calendar for the Executive Director.
9) Being a pathway for contact with the Executive Director.
10) Taking messages for the Executive Director when necessary.
11) Taking care of the demands and inquires of the Executive Director.
12) Help to formulate reports by gathering and examining data.
13) Keeping LCRC proprietary knowledge private.
14) Taking records of what occurs in meetings.
15) The ability to create new ways of recording, as well as, storing information.
16) Ensuring the Executive Director has the proper resources needed to complete his daily duties.
17) Assisting the Executive Director with the creation of presentations.
18) Assisting the Executive Director with fundraising.
19) Assisting the Executive Director with external and internal communications.
20) Being prompt with responses to outside entities and members of the LCRC team.
21) Act as a point of contact between the Executive Director, Board of Directors, Senior Leadership Team and other volunteer staff. Also, serve as communication assistant between the Executive Director and the Senior Leadership Team and/or Board of Directors.
Has experience working with young adults aging out of foster care, preferred. Have experience in the nonprofit sector, preferred. A minimum of 4 years of experience in the position of an Executive Assistant.
A High School Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree.
An expertise in Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
The ability to be well organized, work with LCRC team, skills in editing, be prompt, and answer phone calls professionally.
Have strong interpersonal skills.
The ability to work on tasks alone without supervision, accomplish objectives, work efficiently, and be responsible for outcomes.
The ability to do multiple tasks at once.
Have conflict resolution skills.
An expertise in communication in the form of speaking and writing.
An expertise in listening to record and file information.
The ability to read, write, research, and analyze information.
The ability to prioritize which tasks or objectives needs to be accomplished.
2-4 Hours Per Week Days to be determined.
About LIFT CAREER RESOURCE CENTER
2851 WEST 120TH ST SUIT E 248, HAWTHORNE, CA 90250, US
"Lift Career Resource Center enhances the lives of young adults who are aging out of the foster care system with career services, life skills, and community resources."
Lift Career Resource Center is a non-profit organization developed to help youth who are aging out of foster care, founded in December 2017.
Provides 1 year mentorship programs for emancipated youth between ages of 18-25 years old.
Provides life skills, career mapping, education, and community resources
Our goal is to make a positive impact in giving back to our community and city.
2851 West 120th Street Suite E248Hawthorne, CA 90305
August 1, 2021
- Executive Admin
- Administrative Support
- Background Check
- Must be at least 25
- Orientation or Training
- 1 year commitment.
- Lift Career Resource Center would also require the Volunteer Executive Assistant to reside or be able to travel and meet with the Executive Director/Volunteer staff for meetings located in the greater Los Angeles area when it is appropriate to do so.